reusable for each isolated geographical area. Thus, there is no
"Burn-rate" to talk about.

Regards,

Abe (2024-01-12 07:07)

Re: Burn Rate? Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block [ In reply to ]
* aychen@avinta.com (Abraham Y. Chen) [Fri 12 Jan 2024, 13:09 CET]:
>    EzIP proposes that 240/4 be used like 10.64/10 in CG-NAT. which is
>reusable for each isolated geographical area. Thus, there is no
>"Burn-rate" to talk about.

You have posted this statement like five times now in the past two days.

Who is asking for this expansion of 100.64/10 (which you misspelled,
by the way)? Where are the claims that the amount of private space
behind a CGNAT is the limiting factor in CGNAT deployments?

[five meters of superfluous quote history snipped]

-- Niels.
Re: Burn Rate? Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block [ In reply to ]

> EzIP proposes

EzIP is a concept that has zero interest in the field , aside from Mr. Chen
himself. It's been discussed and analysed. Legitimate issues have been
raised, and Mr. Chen simply handwaves them away.

The only IETF actions on it has been Mr. Chen refreshing the draft every 6
months.

There's really no point in talking about what it is , or what it wants to
do, when it has the same force and effect as the legendary IPv10 draft, and
April Fools RFCs.

Re: Burn Rate? Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block [ In reply to ]
Hi, Niels:

0)    Your sender name is in an unusual format. It becomes just the
generic NANOG address as the recipient for me to MSG send to.

1)   "  You have posted this statement like five times now in the past
two days.   ":

    Perhaps so, I have been responding to numerous comments since my
initial post in response to Karim Mekkaoui's inquiry. Since I have to
address each individually, some from different angles, while some others
are new discussions or debates, it is no surprise that the same
expression has been used more than once to deal with them respectively.
If you count this specific item on the sideline, you definitely will see
the repeats. The important criterion here is whether any of them are out
of the context? (To be honest with you, I myself feel that I have been
playing broken records on this pretty simple and straightforward topic.)

2)   " Who is asking for this expansion of 100.64/10 (which you
misspelled, by the way)?    ":

    Thanks for catching the typo. My understanding is that there is a
general desire (human nature) to get a larger netblock than 100.64/10 in
CG-NAT. This could be used for either growing market or less dynamic
reassignment. The 240/4 can provide additional benefits to CG-NAT
operations such as static addressing that no one has realized possible.
So, I am putting the solution on the table. This is a basic process of
sharing the new discoveries. Is there anything wrong with the process?
On the other hand, if RFC6598 had picked 240/4 instead of 100.64/10 as
the netblock, we do not need today's discussions.

Regards,

Abe (2024-01-13 12:14)

Re: Burn Rate? Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block [ In reply to ]
* aychen@avinta.com (Abraham Y. Chen) [Sat 13 Jan 2024, 18:16 CET]:
>0)    Your sender name is in an unusual format. It becomes just the
>generic NANOG address as the recipient for me to MSG send to.

Your numbered lists are 0-indexed. So clever! Also, your MUA
seems to understand Mail-Followup-To, which is nice.

>    Thanks for catching the typo. My understanding is that there is a
>general desire (human nature) to get a larger netblock than 100.64/10
>in CG-NAT. This could be used for either growing market or less
>dynamic reassignment. The 240/4 can provide additional benefits to

So nobody in particular is asking for this. Thanks for confirming.

>CG-NAT operations such as static addressing that no one has realized
>possible. So, I am putting the solution on the table. This is a basic
>process of sharing the new discoveries. Is there anything wrong with
>the process? On the other hand, if RFC6598 had picked 240/4 instead of
>100.64/10 as the netblock, we do not need today's discussions.

What's wrong with the process is that you're wasting the time of a lot
of people on this mailing list with this crusade that has already
veered into personal attacks such as when you questioned Randy Bush's
experience. In that respect it would indeed have been better for
RFC6598 to have picked 240/4 in the sense that it would have saved us
94 out of the 104 mails currently in this thread and, unfortunately,
counting.

-- Niels.