Mailing List Archive

Geolocastion and FF and Whatsapp
When I go to https://www.whatsapp.com/ I see the page in Latvian - but
only on FF.

When using Chrome I see the page in English.

So who is doing bad geolocation?  FF or Whatsapp?

Thanks,

Hank
Re: Geolocastion and FF and Whatsapp [ In reply to ]
Is there something about your Chrome and FF configurations that have them
using different DNS sources? For example is one doing DoH and the other
using the system resolver? Different DNS servers may be geographically
diverse, getting different GLB answers, and sending you to different
WhatsApp servers?

Just a thought.

Re: Geolocastion and FF and Whatsapp [ In reply to ]
Move your FF profile out of the way and reopen FF... diff results ?

--

J. Hellenthal

The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume.
Re: Geolocastion and FF and Whatsapp [ In reply to ]
On 18/08/2023 16:36, J. Hellenthal wrote:

Private (incognito) in FF gives English page.

Interesting.