Here's the general information for the list you've
subscribed to, in case you don't already have it:

North American Network Operators Group
Re: Welcome to nanog [ In reply to ]
> Err, just one question ...
>

> > Welcome to the nanog mailing list!
> >
> > If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
> > you can send mail to "Majordomo" with the following command
> > in the body of your email message:
>
> Why the impossible to remember unsubscribe command below ?!

The command below is the result of someone sending a similar subscribe
command which subscribed the nanog list to itself, causing the welcome
message to be sent to the entire list. Majordomo apparently accepts
lists of people to subscribe or treats everything after the mailing
list name as part of the name subscribing. Either way, the effect is
the same.

> It seems that for many, just sending an 'unsubscribe nanog' command
> without sending to the list is difficult.
>
> Certainly the algorithm above is no easier to remember :-)
>
> Hmmmm.
>
> Tim

Again, disregard it. It's an error.

> > Here's the general information for the list you've
> > subscribed to, in case you don't already have it:
> >
> > North American Network Operators Group

Owen
Re: Welcome to nanog [ In reply to ]
Please remove me from this mailing list now.

Re: Welcome to nanog [ In reply to ]
Owen kindly explains:

> The command below is the result of someone sending a similar subscribe
> command which subscribed the nanog list to itself, causing the welcome
> message to be sent to the entire list. Majordomo apparently accepts
> lists of people to subscribe or treats everything after the mailing
> list name as part of the name subscribing. Either way, the effect is
> the same.

Thanks you. Your first sentence is really cool, BTW.

What we might need is a really robust, easy to configure, solid, fast,
simple to administer new (maybe commercial) e-mailing list manager.
(nothing against B.C.'s perl hack majordomo, and the other listserver
written in C.)

My guess is, whomever comes up the the next-generation list manager
utility will save us all a bunch of hassles and make every ISP's job
just a 'little bit' easier.

BTW, that is one of the more amusing errors I see in a long time: