---
Andy Ringsmuth
andyring@inebraska.com
Re: Microsoft contact [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:47:22 CDT, Andy Ringsmuth said:
> Any chance there's someone on here from Microsoft that could reply to me off-list?

Always helps to say what *part* of Microsoft - the OS guys, the sales guys, the
infrastructure guys, the WindowsUpdate , the HotMail guys, the....
Re: Microsoft contact [ In reply to ]
On Mar 15, 2011, at 4:09 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:47:22 CDT, Andy Ringsmuth said:
>> Any chance there's someone on here from Microsoft that could reply to me off-list?
>
> Always helps to say what *part* of Microsoft - the OS guys, the sales guys, the
> infrastructure guys, the WindowsUpdate , the HotMail guys, the....

My mistake - good point. Ultimately I'm trying to find someone in the Macintosh Business Unit. I know it might be a bit of a stretch on NANOG but worth a shot.

-Andy
RE: Microsoft contact [ In reply to ]
Not unusual for random O365 blocks to appear, I especially like they way the reject message trys to refer the user back to their ISP as if their ISP is in any way involved with the internal Microsoft blocklist. “<<< 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [x.x.x.x] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150).”

If you log it here “https://olcsupport.office.com/“ , in a day or two they normally fix it, always after saying "I do not see anything offhand with the IP’s (x.x.x.x) that would be preventing your mail from reaching our customers", then you reply to them with “well there is a problem as you are bouncing the email as per the bounce message”. Then they fix it. Same routine every time.