Anyone know what is going on?

Rob
Exodus
Re: It's always fun [ In reply to ]
I got through on the phone and they said that 80% of the MAE was down.
But they were sure of the cause yet. My guess is power.

Todd R. Stroup
Fiber Network Solutions, Inc.

Re: It's always fun [ In reply to ]
> From owner-nanog@merit.edu Fri Jul 11 08:17:27 1997
>
> It's always fun when the major West coast IXP goes down--Mae-West MFS.
> Every peer from our Mae-West NASA AMES router to MFS is down, as well as
> our MFS router. I'd suppose everyone else is seeing the same thing.
> And the MFS NOC isn't answering the phone, after being on hold for 15 mins.
> Anyone know what is going on?
>
> Rob
> Exodus

MFS reports a "major" outage at the Mae-west node. they were vague about
the nature. since only our nap fddi connection was affected, i'm guessing
it is power related. as far as i know, no eta could be provided at the
time that our noc spoke with MFS.

-heas
Re: It's always fun [ In reply to ]
Hmm..If there is a power problem, then why aren't some of the routers
down too.. I see up/up on my FDDI card and have a downstream neighbor..
if that is the case, then the Gigaswitch must have power???

Eric

Eric D. Madison - Senior Network Engineer -
ACSI - Advanced Data Services - ATM/IP Backbone Group
24 Hour NMC/NOC (800)291-7889 Email: noc@acsi.net