their own categories on the left side, if they exist. It makes things
easier.

However, I set up a remote backend v34 for my RV and I can't get my
sports and news to show up in their own category.

I created a Storage group for Sports and a Playback group, but no luck
with the categories in Leanfront.

What did I forget?

Jim A
Re: Leanfront categories? [ In reply to ]
On 4/8/24 10:46, James Abernathy wrote:
> I'm missing something. At home I have a remote backend v34 that is
> configured so News and Sports recordings are listed in Leanfront in
> their own categories on the left side, if they exist. It makes things
> easier.
>
> However, I set up a remote backend v34 for my RV and I can't get my
> sports and news to show up in their own category.
>
> I created a Storage group for Sports and a Playback group, but no luck
> with the categories in Leanfront.
>
> What did I forget?
>
> Jim A

On the main page of leanfront, the entries on the left are Recording
Groups. This is not the same as categories or playback groups. You can
set a recording group in the record rule for future recordings. You can
also move recordings to a new group with leanfront, with the web
frontend or with mythfrontend.

Peter

Re: Leanfront categories? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 3:17?PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/8/24 10:46, James Abernathy wrote:
> > I'm missing something. At home I have a remote backend v34 that is
> > configured so News and Sports recordings are listed in Leanfront in
> > their own categories on the left side, if they exist. It makes things
> > easier.
> >
> > However, I set up a remote backend v34 for my RV and I can't get my
> > sports and news to show up in their own category.
> >
> > I created a Storage group for Sports and a Playback group, but no luck
> > with the categories in Leanfront.
> >
> > What did I forget?
> >
> > Jim A
>
> On the main page of leanfront, the entries on the left are Recording
> Groups. This is not the same as categories or playback groups. You can
> set a recording group in the record rule for future recordings. You can
> also move recordings to a new group with leanfront, with the web
> frontend or with mythfrontend.
>
> Peter

Okay, thanks. I got a Recording Group created for "News" using
mythfrontend. Only way I could figure out how to do that.

Then using mythfrontend I could edit the recording rule for a news
program to assign it's Recording Group to News.

Jim A
Re: Leanfront categories? [ In reply to ]
On 4/8/24 18:53, James Abernathy wrote:
> Okay, thanks. I got a Recording Group created for "News" using
> mythfrontend. Only way I could figure out how to do that.

With leanfront:
From the recording list, press enter to get the details page for the
recording.
Other Actions -> Update Recording Group -> Create New Entry (Last item
in the list).

WIth web app:

Recordings -> Click 3 dots on a row -> Program Name -> Change Recording
Group -> Type a new name into the text field at the top

_To change an entire series_:

WIth leanfront:
From recording list, press Menu on the program title in the left
column. If you have no menu key, long press Enter. Select Update
Recording Group -> Create New Entry (Last item in the list), or select
the desired group name.

WIth web app:
Select multiple entries using shift-click (for a range)  or
control-click (for discrete entries). Right click in the list or click
the 3-bars icon at the top left of the list. Select :Actions on n
selected recordings", Change recording group. Type or select the group
name desired.
To make it easier, you can first filter by the program name then select
everything that is found (click top entry, page down to end, shift-click
last entry)

Peter
Re: Leanfront categories? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 9, 2024, 6:25?AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/8/24 18:53, James Abernathy wrote:
>
> Okay, thanks. I got a Recording Group created for "News" using
> mythfrontend. Only way I could figure out how to do that.
>
> With leanfront:
> From the recording list, press enter to get the details page for the
> recording.
> Other Actions -> Update Recording Group -> Create New Entry (Last item in
> the list).
>
> WIth web app:
>
> Recordings -> Click 3 dots on a row -> Program Name -> Change Recording
> Group -> Type a new name into the text field at the top
>
> *To change an entire series*:
>
> WIth leanfront:
> From recording list, press Menu on the program title in the left column.
> If you have no menu key, long press Enter. Select Update Recording Group ->
> Create New Entry (Last item in the list), or select the desired group name.
>
> WIth web app:
> Select multiple entries using shift-click (for a range) or control-click
> (for discrete entries). Right click in the list or click the 3-bars icon at
> the top left of the list. Select :Actions on n selected recordings", Change
> recording group. Type or select the group name desired.
> To make it easier, you can first filter by the program name then select
> everything that is found (click top entry, page down to end, shift-click
> last entry)
>
> Peter

Wow, thanks. New features to me on Leanfront. I'm going to print your
email out and keep on the table next to my TV recliner.

Jim A