it shows the db schema version in a blue information box.
At first the different colour made me think this was indicating
a problem, so I went to find out what version I should be running.

I am unable to find that on the mythv.org wiki, or even digging
round in the sources (briefly).

Can someone please confirm that v34 should be on schema 1379?
Where is the right place to look that up and check?

Kind regards and congrats again
Re: v34 db schema version? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 12:01:05PM +1100, lists@arewethere.net wrote:

> Can someone please confirm that v34 should be on schema 1379?
> Where is the right place to look that up and check?

A bit more time spent with 'git grep' lead me to

mythtv/bindings/perl/MythTV.pm
mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp

But it would be nice to have this in the wiki pages somewhere,
or at least a pointer to the file that contains the datum.

My suggestion is adding the following to
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Upgrading_MythTV

You can check which version of the database schema you should
be on by looking in the source code, at either of
Re: v34 db schema version? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 1:27?AM <lists@arewethere.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 12:01:05PM +1100, lists@arewethere.net wrote:
>
> > Can someone please confirm that v34 should be on schema 1379?
> > Where is the right place to look that up and check?
>
> A bit more time spent with 'git grep' lead me to
>
> mythtv/bindings/perl/MythTV.pm
> mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp

I find it much easier is to just use the sql statement:

select data from settings where value = 'DBSchemaVer';

against the mythconverg database which
indicates the schema you are using (and
if the upgrade was successful, you are on
the proper schema version).

> But it would be nice to have this in the wiki pages somewhere,
> or at least a pointer to the file that contains the datum.

If you think it would be useful, by all means
consider to add the information to the wiki
(it is user generated information).
Re: v34 db schema version? [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 23 March 2024 08:26:14 PM (-05:00), lists@arewethere.net wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 12:01:05PM +1100, lists@arewethere.net wrote:
>
> > Can someone please confirm that v34 should be on schema 1379?
> > Where is the right place to look that up and check?
>
> A bit more time spent with 'git grep' lead me to
>
> mythtv/bindings/perl/MythTV.pm
> mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp
>
> But it would be nice to have this in the wiki pages somewhere,
> or at least a pointer to the file that contains the datum.
>
> My suggestion is adding the following to
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Upgrading_MythTV
>
> You can check which version of the database schema you should
> be on by looking in the source code, at either of
> mythtv/bindings/perl/MythTV.pm
> mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp

There's also an entry in the backend log like this:

... Current MythTV Schema Version (DBSchemaVer): 1379

So, you can just grep for Schema in the log or journal if you like.
--
Bill