Mailing List Archive

Yellow colored items
What does it mean when an item is colored yellow in watch recordings or
recording rules?
Re: Yellow colored items [ In reply to ]
On 02/03/2024 05:29, DryHeat122 wrote:
> What does it mean when an item is colored yellow in watch recordings or
> recording rules?

In the list of recordings, it means that the recording is damaged - i.e.
maybe the weather was so bad that the (e.g. satellite) reception was
affected.

Regards

Jeff
Re: Yellow colored items [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:29:03 -0700, you wrote:

>What does it mean when an item is colored yellow in watch recordings or
>recording rules?

In upcoming recordings, yellow means there is a problem with that
recording. If it also has an N flag, then it is an override rule or
single record rule for a recording that has moved to a different
timeslot or disappeared when the EPG got updated. Do an O command on
that rule to find where it has moved to and then create a new rule on
the new timeslot (if there is a new timeslot), before deleting the
yellow N rule. Recording rules do not work if a programme's start
time in the EPG is more than 5 minutes either side of the rule's start
time.

Without an N flag, it can be that it is a very low priority for the
recording, so it may be recording in SD from a potentially flakey
transmitter instead of in HD from the usual good transmitter.

Yellow in the list of all recording rules just means that the rule
does not match anything in the current EPG data and hence is not going
to record anything. White rules are going to record.

Yellow in the recordings list means the recording is sufficiently
damaged that mythbackend will try to re-record it automatically.
Recordings can be slightly damaged and will still be marked as white
(= good recording). To see all damage that mythbackend has detected,
you can run this command:

grep -a "overall_score=\"0" /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log

That will show all log messages where the overall_score value is less
than 1.0 (= perfect). I have the "-v record" option set on my
mythbackend command line - you may need to have that set to get the
"overall_score" log messages. You have to remember to run that
command before the mythbackend.log file is rotated or deleted, so it
is best to run it daily. And note that mythbackend does not detect
all damage - there can still be very small patches of damaged data in
any recording that it marks as "overall_score=1.0".