use SD as the video source for Connect as I then can't go into Channel
Editor and delete from Extend and Connect the channels each one can't
receive.

Can I simply create a Video Source called, say, SDTWO and simply copy
SD.xmtltv to SDTWO.xmltv? I had a setup like this working in the past in
the pre-xmltv Schedules Direct days, but just want to make sure that I'm
doing it correctly with xmltv.

I hope what I'm asking is somewhat clear. It's been a long day. :-)
Re: Adding second HDHomerun (with different channels) [ In reply to ]
On 01/03/2024 08:03, Ian Evans wrote:
> V34
>
> Currently have an HDHomerun (let's call it Extend) with a video source
> called SD and an xmltv file called SD.xmltv.
>
> Extend is able to receive some but not all of the channels in the area.
>
> I just connected a second HDHomerun (let's call it Connect). It"s antenna
> is aimed in a different direction. It's able to pick up the channels Extend
> can't as well as a couple of the ones it can.
>
> The SD.xmltv file contains all the locally available channels. But I can't
> use SD as the video source for Connect as I then can't go into Channel
> Editor and delete from Extend and Connect the channels each one can't
> receive.
>
> Can I simply create a Video Source called, say, SDTWO and simply copy
> SD.xmtltv to SDTWO.xmltv? I had a setup like this working in the past in
> the pre-xmltv Schedules Direct days, but just want to make sure that I'm
> doing it correctly with xmltv.
>
> I hope what I'm asking is somewhat clear. It's been a long day. :-)

Yes. In fact you must. The basic idea is that any video source is defined as a collection of
channels that can all be tuned in the same way using the same parameters. Since you have channels
that cannot be tuned by one source, you therefore need to set up another source and connect your
other tuner to that.

You should ensure that each tuner can only tune the channels they can physically receive. That way
the scheduler will only allocate a viable tuner to record from those channels.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: Adding second HDHomerun (with different channels) [ In reply to ]
On 01/03/2024 09:30, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 01/03/2024 08:03, Ian Evans wrote:
>> V34
>>
>> Currently have an HDHomerun (let's call it Extend) with a video source
>> called SD and an xmltv file called SD.xmltv.
>>
>> Extend is able to receive some but not all of the channels in the area.
>>
>> I just connected a second HDHomerun (let's call it Connect). It"s antenna
>> is aimed in a different direction. It's able to pick up the channels Extend
>> can't as well as a couple of the ones it can.
>>
>> The SD.xmltv file contains all the locally available channels. But I can't
>> use SD as the video source for Connect as I then can't go into Channel
>> Editor and delete from Extend and Connect the channels each one can't
>> receive.
>>
>> Can I simply create a Video Source called, say, SDTWO and simply copy
>> SD.xmtltv to SDTWO.xmltv? I had a setup like this working in the past in
>> the pre-xmltv Schedules Direct days, but just want to make sure that I'm
>> doing it correctly with xmltv.
>>
>> I hope what I'm asking is somewhat clear. It's been a long day. :-)
>>
> Yes. In fact you must. The basic idea is that any video source is defined as a collection of
> channels that can all be tuned in the same way using the same parameters. Since you have channels
> that cannot be tuned by one source, you therefore need to set up another source and connect your
> other tuner to that.
>
> You should ensure that each tuner can only tune the channels they can physically receive. That way
> the scheduler will only allocate a viable tuner to record from those channels.

Ugh. Hit send too soon. Each source should only contain the channels it can tune, so your idea of
just copying the .xmltv file won't work. You will need to copy it and edit out the channels in each
source that cannot be tuned by that source.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: Adding second HDHomerun (with different channels) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 09:43:25 +0000, you wrote:

>On 01/03/2024 09:30, Mike Perkins wrote:
>> On 01/03/2024 08:03, Ian Evans wrote:
>>> V34
>>>
>>> Currently have an HDHomerun (let's call it Extend) with a video source
>>> called SD and an xmltv file called SD.xmltv.
>>>
>>> Extend is able to receive some but not all of the channels in the area.
>>>
>>> I just connected a second HDHomerun (let's call it Connect). It"s antenna
>>> is aimed in a different direction. It's able to pick up the channels Extend
>>> can't as well as a couple of the ones it can.
>>>
>>> The SD.xmltv file contains all the locally available channels. But I can't
>>> use SD as the video source for Connect as I then can't go into Channel
>>> Editor and delete from Extend and Connect the channels each one can't
>>> receive.
>>>
>>> Can I simply create a Video Source called, say, SDTWO and simply copy
>>> SD.xmtltv to SDTWO.xmltv? I had a setup like this working in the past in
>>> the pre-xmltv Schedules Direct days, but just want to make sure that I'm
>>> doing it correctly with xmltv.
>>>
>>> I hope what I'm asking is somewhat clear. It's been a long day. :-)
>>>
>> Yes. In fact you must. The basic idea is that any video source is defined as a collection of
>> channels that can all be tuned in the same way using the same parameters. Since you have channels
>> that cannot be tuned by one source, you therefore need to set up another source and connect your
>> other tuner to that.
>>
>> You should ensure that each tuner can only tune the channels they can physically receive. That way
>> the scheduler will only allocate a viable tuner to record from those channels.
>>
>Ugh. Hit send too soon. Each source should only contain the channels it can tune, so your idea of
>just copying the .xmltv file won't work. You will need to copy it and edit out the channels in each
>source that cannot be tuned by that source.

I think I have heard that you can get Schedules Direct to create more
than one lineup and download separate files for each. If so, create a
lineup for each source with the channels each can receive.
Re: Adding second HDHomerun (with different channels) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 5:48?AM Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 09:43:25 +0000, you wrote:

> antenna
> Extend

> can't

> in
> I'm

> >> Yes. In fact you must. The basic idea is that any video source is
> defined as a collection of
> >> channels that can all be tuned in the same way using the same
> parameters. Since you have channels
> >> that cannot be tuned by one source, you therefore need to set up
> another source and connect your
> >> other tuner to that.
> >>
> >> You should ensure that each tuner can only tune the channels they can
> physically receive. That way
> >> the scheduler will only allocate a viable tuner to record from those
> channels.
> >>
> >Ugh. Hit send too soon. Each source should only contain the channels it
> can tune, so your idea of
> >just copying the .xmltv file won't work. You will need to copy it and
> edit out the channels in each
> >source that cannot be tuned by that source.
>
> I think I have heard that you can get Schedules Direct to create more
> than one lineup and download separate files for each. If so, create a
> lineup for each source with the channels each can receive.
>
> I use one line up with Schedules Direct, because it's all FTA TV. and two
video sources in MythTV because the antenna on the roof top misses one
channel and the antenna in my suite will get that one but not others. I
have two HDHR Connects, one to the (rooftop) antenna and the other to the
(in suite) intenna. Then I channel select with sdjson sqlite, for each of
"antenna.xmltv" and "intenna.xmltv" configurations.
Re: Adding second HDHomerun (with different channels) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 1, 2024, 7:03?a.m. Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 5:48?AM Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

>> area.

>> antenna
>> Extend

>> can't

>> in
>> I'm

>> defined as a collection of
>> parameters. Since you have channels
>> another source and connect your

>> physically receive. That way
>> channels.
>> >>
>> >Ugh. Hit send too soon. Each source should only contain the channels it
>> can tune, so your idea of
>> >just copying the .xmltv file won't work. You will need to copy it and
>> edit out the channels in each
>> >source that cannot be tuned by that source.
>>
>> I think I have heard that you can get Schedules Direct to create more
>> than one lineup and download separate files for each. If so, create a
>> lineup for each source with the channels each can receive.
>>
>> I use one line up with Schedules Direct, because it's all FTA TV. and two
> video sources in MythTV because the antenna on the roof top misses one
> channel and the antenna in my suite will get that one but not others. I
> have two HDHR Connects, one to the (rooftop) antenna and the other to the
> (in suite) intenna. Then I channel select with sdjson sqlite, for each of
> "antenna.xmltv" and "intenna.xmltv" configurations.

Same situation. All OTA. So just create two different *.xmltv files just
pulling what each one needs from the Schedules Direct lineup.

Thanks.

Re: Adding second HDHomerun (with different channels) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 7:19?PM Ian Evans <dheianevans@gmail.com> wrote:

> Same situation. All OTA. So just create two different *.xmltv files just pulling what each one needs from the Schedules Direct lineup.

Be aware that if you have some (but not
complete) channel overlap, as you do,
you may need to adjust the various
scheduling priorities so tuners are used
optimally. While typically the scheduler
does the right thing, sometimes you may
need to assist it to make better decisions
for your particular situation. Something
to keep in mind should you find that
you get recording conflicts in the future.
Re: Adding second HDHomerun (with different channels) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 1, 2024, 3:04?p.m. Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 7:19?PM Ian Evans <dheianevans@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Same situation. All OTA. So just create two different *.xmltv files just
> pulling what each one needs from the Schedules Direct lineup.
> >

> Be aware that if you have some (but not
> complete) channel overlap, as you do,
> you may need to adjust the various
> scheduling priorities so tuners are used
> optimally. While typically the scheduler
> does the right thing, sometimes you may
> need to assist it to make better decisions
> for your particular situation. Something
> to keep in mind should you find that
> you get recording conflicts in the future.

Thanks for the reminder. Being near the US border, I've played the
priorities game in the past. Our channels here don't have subchannels so,
say, an airing of SVU here gets the full bandwidth of the frequency as
opposed to the slice of pie it airs on Stateside.