deb-multimedia. But my question for those who understand deb-multimedia,
will they ever support fixes/34 on Debian 12 Stable Bookworm?

Jim A
Re: mythtv from deb-multimedia.org? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 at 00:34, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I started using mythtv v34 about 6 months ago. At that time I was moving to Debian 12 and mythtv on deb-multimedia.org was v33. So I built Mythtv debian packages following the wiki for Mythtv on Debian. I will probably continue to do this but was curious about deb-multimedia. They have V34 for Debian testing/Trixie but not Bookworm.
>
> I spun up a VM of Debian Trixie and installed Mythtv v34 using deb-multimedia. But my question for those who understand deb-multimedia, will they ever support fixes/34 on Debian 12 Stable Bookworm?

MythTV 34.0 is available in the deb-multimedia stable-backports repo:

https://deb-multimedia.org/dists/stable-backports/main/binary-amd64/package/mythtv

Cheers,
Nick
Re: mythtv from deb-multimedia.org? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 7:56?PM Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 at 00:34, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I started using mythtv v34 about 6 months ago. At that time I was moving
> to Debian 12 and mythtv on deb-multimedia.org was v33. So I built Mythtv
> debian packages following the wiki for Mythtv on Debian. I will probably
> continue to do this but was curious about deb-multimedia. They have V34
> for Debian testing/Trixie but not Bookworm.
> >
> > I spun up a VM of Debian Trixie and installed Mythtv v34 using
> deb-multimedia. But my question for those who understand deb-multimedia,
> will they ever support fixes/34 on Debian 12 Stable Bookworm?
>
> MythTV 34.0 is available in the deb-multimedia stable-backports repo:
>

> https://deb-multimedia.org/dists/stable-backports/main/binary-amd64/package/mythtv
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Thanks, I spun up a VM with Debian 12 via LMDE 6 and added the
stable-backports repo per the instructions on deb-multimedia.org. I
installed mythtv via

sudo apt install -t stable-backports mythtv

Using the new Web App I got a v34 backend/frontend working.

So my question now is can I easily switch my normal Debian mythtv system
from my own built packages to use the ones from deb-multimedia. If I can do
this without screwing things up, it would be less work for me in the long
run.

I'm guessing I remove the list file from apt for my local repo and add the
list for the stable backport. I'm not sure about removing my version of
v34 and adding the deb-multimedia version.

Jim A
Re: mythtv from deb-multimedia.org? [ In reply to ]
You can put questions to Christian Marillat, the owner of the site, he will answer you as he did it several times for me. You will find his address on the site.

Klaus