Just curious about the sporting event auto extend.

If you click both that and add, say, 60 minutes to the recording rule, will
it keep extending the schedule time PLUS add the 60 minutes.

Diidnt use it on the Super Bowl, but I was just wondering if that would
allow you to handle a game's overtime plus allow for the recording of the
trophy/MVP stuff at the end.

Also which leagues does it work on?

Thanks.
Re: Auto Extend (sports) AND extra minutes [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 12, 2024, at 11:33?AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just curious about the sporting event auto extend.
>
> If you click both that and add, say, 60 minutes to the recording rule, will it keep extending the schedule time PLUS add the 60 minutes.
>
> Diidnt use it on the Super Bowl, but I was just wondering if that would allow you to handle a game's overtime plus allow for the recording of the trophy/MVP stuff at the end.

For the Super Bowl I just manually extended it 120 minutes when I set it up.

Fortunately that was enough to capture it. However for the show that followed, I had only extended it 60 minutes so didn’t capture all of it. Once I found that the the game was going to go over by way over 60 minutes, I recorded what was on after the 2 hour time another hour.

Sports are gonna be sports, and nearly always over run the time by a variable amount that would not be possible to ‘codify’ it. Just add extra to the given schedule, as chances are you’re going to delete the live event. If not, just use the video editor to trim the event If you are going to keep it.

An example I use for Nascar is to just set it to record 3 hours extra. Since I delete the recording afterwards, there is no downside to it.

Regards!