recording rule.

Thank you Peter!

John
Re: mythfrontend (web) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 5:36?PM John P Poet <jppoet@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just wanted to give a big shout out to Peter Bennett for his work on the
> web frontend for mythtv.
>
> I realized my Mom's mythtv system was not going to record the Super Bowl
> for her today but it was an easy fix thanks to Peter's work. I was able to
> VPN into her system, bring up the web frontend in a browser and add a
> recording rule.
>
> Thank you Peter!
>

> John

I agree with you 100%. I moved to V34 6 months ago and it was primarily
because of the new Web App. It makes setup as well as daily maintenance
much easier. I travel a lot and I want my shows recorded when I get back.
I have many times VPN'ed back onto my network and run the Web App to add
recordings or change rules. In the past I had to try to use mythtv-setup
over ssh -X or Mythweb. Mythweb had many bugs that I seemed to always
find.

With the Web App, all that is gone.

Thanks for all the hard work, Peter,

JIm A
Re: mythfrontend (web) [ In reply to ]
On 2/11/24 17:34, John P Poet wrote:
> I just wanted to give a big shout out to Peter Bennett for his work on
> the web frontend for mythtv.
>
> I realized my Mom's mythtv system was not going to record the Super
> Bowl for her today but it was an easy fix thanks to Peter's work. I
> was able to VPN into her system, bring up the web frontend in a
> browser and add a recording rule.
>
> Thank you Peter!
>

> John

You are welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

Peter

Re: mythfrontend (web) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 7:56?PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/11/24 17:34, John P Poet wrote:
> > I just wanted to give a big shout out to Peter Bennett for his work on
> > the web frontend for mythtv.
> >
> > I realized my Mom's mythtv system was not going to record the Super
> > Bowl for her today but it was an easy fix thanks to Peter's work. I
> > was able to VPN into her system, bring up the web frontend in a
> > browser and add a recording rule.
> >
> > Thank you Peter!
> >

> > John
> >
> You are welcome. Thank you for the kind words.
>
> Peter

Peter Bennett is a rock star!

Re: mythfrontend (web) [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 15, 2024, at 03:14, Larry Kennedy <lunchtimelarry@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 7:56?PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 2/11/24 17:34, John P Poet wrote:
> > I just wanted to give a big shout out to Peter Bennett for his work on
> > the web frontend for mythtv.
> >
> > I realized my Mom's mythtv system was not going to record the Super
> > Bowl for her today but it was an easy fix thanks to Peter's work. I
> > was able to VPN into her system, bring up the web frontend in a
> > browser and add a recording rule.
> >
> > Thank you Peter!
> >

> > John
> >
> You are welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

I asked for stuff - coloured program guide entries - custom colours etc
All of which happened. I said thankyou but I’d like to stand and shout thankyou.
James