$INSTALLPREFIX/mythtranscode --chanid "$1" --starttime "$2" --mpeg2
--honorcutlist -o "$FALLBACKDIR/$TVTITLE-$2.mpg"

Anyway, I just noticed that Jellyfin isn't detecting any subtitles. Am
I missing something with the mythtranscode command or should I be asking
over at Jellyfin.

Just thought I'd check with my fellow myth users as I know quite a few are
running both.

Thanks.
Re: Mythtranscode: Jellyfin not getting subtitles after use [ In reply to ]
On 10/02/2024 12:30, Ian Evans wrote:
> Hope everyone has a good weekend.
>
> I'm using the sendtonas script found in the forums:
>
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?p=6179&sid=4670c55a4a3e5c0f256a4860f33f7e7a#p6179 <https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?p=6179&sid=4670c55a4a3e5c0f256a4860f33f7e7a#p6179>
>
> The mythtranscode command line used is:
>
> $INSTALLPREFIX/mythtranscode --chanid "$1" --starttime "$2" --mpeg2
> --honorcutlist -o "$FALLBACKDIR/$TVTITLE-$2.mpg"
>
> Anyway, I just noticed that Jellyfin isn't detecting any subtitles. Am
> I missing something with the mythtranscode command or should I be asking
> over at Jellyfin.
>
> Just thought I'd check with my fellow myth users as I know quite a few
> are running both.
>
> Thanks.

You could try a before-and-after stream analysis:

mythffmpeg -hide_banner -i < Recorded Pathname >

You can get the path by pressing "i" twice from the Watch Recordings
screen.

HTH

John P
Re: Mythtranscode: Jellyfin not getting subtitles after use [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 11, 2024, 4:31?a.m. John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/02/2024 12:30, Ian Evans wrote:
> > Hope everyone has a good weekend.
> >
> > I'm using the sendtonas script found in the forums:
> >

> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?p=6179&sid=4670c55a4a3e5c0f256a4860f33f7e7a#p6179
> <
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?p=6179&sid=4670c55a4a3e5c0f256a4860f33f7e7a#p6179
> >

> > The mythtranscode command line used is:
> >
> > $INSTALLPREFIX/mythtranscode --chanid "$1" --starttime "$2" --mpeg2
> > --honorcutlist -o "$FALLBACKDIR/$TVTITLE-$2.mpg"
> >
> > Anyway, I just noticed that Jellyfin isn't detecting any subtitles. Am
> > I missing something with the mythtranscode command or should I be asking
> > over at Jellyfin.
> >
> > Just thought I'd check with my fellow myth users as I know quite a few
> > are running both.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> You could try a before-and-after stream analysis:
>
> mythffmpeg -hide_banner -i < Recorded Pathname >
>
> You can get the path by pressing "i" twice from the Watch Recordings
> screen.

Thanks. It turns out from more digging that Jellyfin doesn't detect the
closed caption stream from TV recordings. I have to run either ffmpeg or
ccextractor to create a .srt file. Then it works.