Hi all,

I have found that there may be a limit as to the number of videos/folders that can be used in leaseback.

I don’t know what it is, but when I am using the lean back version , I am not getting all folders.

An example is that I have a TV Series folder that has all the series I have on DVD ripped into a folder structure like follows:

TV Series/Series/Season NN/Series - SNNENN - Subtitle.mp4 for all the episodes.

Only about 3 or 4 of the Series are showing up, and maybe as for example NCIS, I am only getting half of the seasons in the Series folder, even though they are there in the DB, and all of them show up in mythfrontend.

Any ideas if I am missing a setting in leaseback? Or?

Thanks!
Re: Leanback not loading all folders/videos in the videos section. [ In reply to ]
On 2/9/24 14:39, Jay Harbeston wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have found that there may be a limit as to the number of videos/folders that can be used in leaseback.
>
> I don’t know what it is, but when I am using the lean back version , I am not getting all folders.
>
> An example is that I have a TV Series folder that has all the series I have on DVD ripped into a folder structure like follows:
>
> TV Series/Series/Season NN/Series - SNNENN - Subtitle.mp4 for all the episodes.
>
> Only about 3 or 4 of the Series are showing up, and maybe as for example NCIS, I am only getting half of the seasons in the Series folder, even though they are there in the DB, and all of them show up in mythfrontend.
>
> Any ideas if I am missing a setting in leaseback? Or?

LeanBack ??? Leaseback???  Try leanfront :)

There is a setting in the latest version, in Advanced, that limits the
number of recordings plus videos to 10,000 of the latest added. If you
have more than that you can change it.

The reason I put that there is that people with huge numbers of
recordings (for example 60,000) or videos will find that leanfront takes
5 minutes or more to start up, so this is a way to make it usable.
Leanfront should in theory be able to handle an unlimited number of
recordings and videos, but could get very slow.

Peter

Re: Leanback not loading all folders/videos in the videos section. [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 9, 2024, at 3:28?PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> LeanBack ??? Leaseback??? Try leanfront :)

Crazy auto correct! :-)

> There is a setting in the latest version, in Advanced, that limits the number of recordings plus videos to 10,000 of the latest added. If you have more than that you can change it.
>
> The reason I put that there is that people with huge numbers of recordings (for example 60,000) or videos will find that leanfront takes 5 minutes or more to start up, so this is a way to make it usable. Leanfront should in theory be able to handle an unlimited number of recordings and videos, but could get very slow.
>
> Peter

That fixed it, thanks! I have around 16K files/folders, so I gave it 18000, and all is happy now!
Regards!

Jay
Re: Leanback not loading all folders/videos in the videos section. [ In reply to ]
On 2/9/24 17:00, Jay Harbeston wrote:

>> On Feb 9, 2024, at 3:28?PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> LeanBack ??? Leaseback???  Try leanfront :)
>>

> Crazy auto correct! :-)
>
>> There is a setting in the latest version, in Advanced, that limits
>> the number of recordings plus videos to 10,000 of the latest added.
>> If you have more than that you can change it.
>>
>> The reason I put that there is that people with huge numbers of
>> recordings (for example 60,000) or videos will find that leanfront
>> takes 5 minutes or more to start up, so this is a way to make it
>> usable. Leanfront should in theory be able to handle an unlimited
>> number of recordings and videos, but could get very slow.
>>
>> Peter
>
> That fixed it, thanks! I have around 16K files/folders, so I gave it
> 18000, and all is happy now!
> Regards!
>
> Jay

OK good.

Make sure you give it enough to allow for videos + recordings, so if you
have 16000 videos and 4000 recordings you need 20,000.

Peter