Mailing List Archive

Re: [bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront] Configurable background refresh (Issue #82)

> Added a setting in Advanced in v0-481-g2f4a197-m1.2.1-2-gc3114cd837. Setting has to be a multiple of 4 minutes, minimum 4 minutes.

Peter,

Thank you for the update on making the refresh configurable!

Is there a possibility of getting a fresh ask on orangedox?

Thanks again!
Re: [bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront] Configurable background refresh (Issue #82) [ In reply to ]
On 2/8/24 15:28, Jay Harbeston wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Thank you for the update on making the refresh configurable!
>
> Is there a possibility of getting a fresh ask on orangedox?
>
> Thanks again!

I am trying to get everybody onto the play store.

If you have a fire stick or fire TV the new build is available now and
will install within 24 hours (if you have previously installed from the
amazon store), or you can request an install from the amazon store or
from amazon.com.

If you have an android TV or google TV device, the Google play store
takes a little longer, it is not yet available. Hopefully they will post
it in the next day or so.

Peter

Re: [bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront] Configurable background refresh (Issue #82) [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 5:39?PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/8/24 15:28, Jay Harbeston wrote:
> > Peter,
> >
> > Thank you for the update on making the refresh configurable!
> >
> > Is there a possibility of getting a fresh ask on orangedox?
> >
> > Thanks again!
>
> I am trying to get everybody onto the play store.
>
> If you have a fire stick or fire TV the new build is available now and
> will install within 24 hours (if you have previously installed from the
> amazon store), or you can request an install from the amazon store or
> from amazon.com.
>
> If you have an android TV or google TV device, the Google play store
> takes a little longer, it is not yet available. Hopefully they will post
> it in the next day or so.
>
> Peter

I have Leanfront installed from the Amazon Store on my FireTV. I just
uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the app store and got v0-481. I put
it through my test while watching the NBC Nightly News 15 minutes behind
live at the start. No issues so far. Next test is tomorrow morning.
Looks like it's fixed.

Jim A
Re: [bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront] Configurable background refresh (Issue #82) [ In reply to ]
On 2/8/24 19:06, James Abernathy wrote:
> I have Leanfront installed from the Amazon Store on my FireTV.  I just
> uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the app store and got v0-481.
> I put it through my test while watching the NBC Nightly News 15
> minutes behind live at the start.  No issues so far.  Next test is
> tomorrow morning.  Looks like it's fixed.

If you want it in a hurry you don't need to uninstall and reinstall, you
can just go to amazon.com, search for apps&games, leanfront, and direct
it to deliver to your device. Then it should install the upgrade
immediately. That will save you having to input the settings again.

Peter

Re: [bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront] Configurable background refresh (Issue #82) [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 8:11?PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/8/24 19:06, James Abernathy wrote:
> > I have Leanfront installed from the Amazon Store on my FireTV. I just
> > uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the app store and got v0-481.
> > I put it through my test while watching the NBC Nightly News 15
> > minutes behind live at the start. No issues so far. Next test is
> > tomorrow morning. Looks like it's fixed.
>
> If you want it in a hurry you don't need to uninstall and reinstall, you
> can just go to amazon.com, search for apps&games, leanfront, and direct
> it to deliver to your device. Then it should install the upgrade
> immediately. That will save you having to input the settings again.
>
> Peter

I understand the advantages of your method, but going to amazon.com can
cause you to see something in Daily Deals that you didn't know you needed,
but now have to have and that can get expensive :-)

Jim A
Re: [bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront] Configurable background refresh (Issue #82) [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 8, 2024, at 8:10?PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 2/8/24 19:06, James Abernathy wrote:
>> I have Leanfront installed from the Amazon Store on my FireTV. I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the app store and got v0-481. I put it through my test while watching the NBC Nightly News 15 minutes behind live at the start. No issues so far. Next test is tomorrow morning. Looks like it's fixed.
>
> If you want it in a hurry you don't need to uninstall and reinstall, you can just go to amazon.com, search for apps&games, leanfront, and direct it to deliver to your device. Then it should install the upgrade immediately. That will save you having to input the settings again.
>
> Peter

Peter, Much thanks for the modification! The 4 minute background update is working well, and I think I may be able to wean off of myth front end for TV watching!

Regards!

Jay