In any event I will re-install as the concept of a Case Insensitive file system 'siezes my mind with mighty dread' (as I'd imagine it does to most folk here)(you choose Case Sensitive/In Sensitive at install time)

PS I'm a technical user, so all the mac os features like your iPhone gurgles when you dunk the macbook are of no interest to me. Ref (1)

James
Re: MacOS [ In reply to ]
-----Original message-----
From: JamesĀ <jam@tigger.ws>
Sent: Wednesday 8th November 2023 13:57
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>
Subject: [mythtv-users] MacOS

I am condemed to replace my mac book pro with the latest apple silicon version. (Dull applause)
Perhaps those who know can guide me, thanks ...

1) Take the new machine and downgrade sonoma to ventura because the are SourceForge builds for ventura but not for sonoma

2) Put the ventura build on sonoma (That's an apple feature)

3) Build on sonoma from compileMythFrontendAnsible.zsh

I have used John's ansible build script sucessfully in the past
In any event I will re-install as the concept of a Case Insensitive file system 'siezes my mind with mighty dread' (as I'd imagine it does to most folk here)(you choose Case Sensitive/In Sensitive at install time)

PS I'm a technical user, so all the mac os features like your iPhone gurgles when you dunk the macbook are of no interest to me. Ref (1)

James

Hi James,

I've been running with the Ventura MythFrontend build from Sourceforge on my macOS Sonoma MacBook Air without any problems so far.

Regards,

Dave
Re: MacOS [ In reply to ]
Thank you!

Re: MacOS [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 8, 2023, 8:57?AM James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> I am condemed to replace my mac book pro with the latest apple silicon
> version. (Dull applause)
> Perhaps those who know can guide me, thanks ...
>
> 1) Take the new machine and downgrade sonoma to ventura because the are
> SourceForge builds for ventura but not for sonoma
>
> 2) Put the ventura build on sonoma (That's an apple feature)
>
> 3) Build on sonoma from compileMythFrontendAnsible.zsh

Option 2. The Ventura arm builds work fine on Sonoma (as do the x86_64) on
Apple Silicon. That's what I'm currently doing at home while I work
through Sonoma code signing.

If you want to run an unsigned app on Apple Silicon, you'll need to disable
SIP which I won't do on a production machine.
Re: MacOS [ In reply to ]
I am using the current master build for x86 64 and it is working fine on my M1 iMac running Sonoma If that helps.

Regards!

Re: MacOS [ In reply to ]
> On 9 Nov 2023, at 1:12 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am condemed to replace my mac book pro with the latest apple silicon version. (Dull applause)
> Perhaps those who know can guide me, thanks ...
>
> 1) Take the new machine and downgrade sonoma to ventura because the are SourceForge builds for ventura but not for sonoma
>
> 2) Put the ventura build on sonoma (That's an apple feature)
>
> 3) Build on sonoma from compileMythFrontendAnsible.zsh
>
> Option 2. The Ventura arm builds work fine on Sonoma (as do the x86_64) on Apple Silicon. That's what I'm currently doing at home while I work through Sonoma code signing.
>
> If you want to run an unsigned app on Apple Silicon, you'll need to disable SIP which I won't do on a production machine.

I believe John's script does sign the build, but thanks for the heads up.
As a unix-greybeard I find the concept of someone else dictating what my machine can/cant do utterly repugnant so the first thing I do is disable sip. Something I've been doing for 15 years without regret.
James
Re: MacOS [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 8, 2023, 4:32?PM James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> I believe John's script does sign the build, but thanks for the heads up.

I can confirm that it does not. You need to setup either a self signed cert
or an app cert from Apple, then run the code signing script to actually
make a compliant app bundle.

The GitHub based builds, do leverage the compile script. They also sign
the code but do not use the code signing script. They use a some code in
the GitHub action to do a similar process.