I believe one can side-load Android applications onto the Quest 3, if that
helps?

Thanks

Re: Is it possible to watch MythTv recordings/live TV using a Quest 3 [ In reply to ]
> On 7 Nov 2023, at 11:19 pm, Charlie Myth <charliemyth@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone
>
> Does anyone know of an easy way to watch content from a MythTV backend using a Quest 3 without too much complexity? I.e. simply connect as a client and play the content (over the Wifi)?
>
> I believe one can side-load Android applications onto the Quest 3, if that helps?

Anyone who does not know what a Quest 3 is clearly cannot answer, but for those idly perusing the Digest, but not curious enough to go googling, a quick overview might be in order.

James
Re: Is it possible to watch MythTv recordings/live TV using a Quest 3 [ In reply to ]
Hiya

Sure no problem - being lazy I shall cut and paste from Wikipedia

"The *Meta Quest 3* is a virtual reality
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality> (VR) headset
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset> developed by Reality
Labs <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_Labs>, a division of Meta
Platforms <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_Platforms>. It was unveiled
on June 1, 2023, and released on October 10" ...note the passthrough
capability...." along with a color camera used for stereoscopic 3D
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereoscopic_3D> mixed reality
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_reality> passthrough ".

And I just noticed that there is a Linux (and other platforms) app for it
called "*Immersed*" (this is not an endorsement, just a possible solution,
I know nothing about it other than from searching) - which permits one to
have one's "desktop" replicated to the Quest (officially Quest 2 and
others, but other searching implies Quest 3 is supported). So I guess I
could run Myth client somewhere and then replicate that to the Quest should
I want to watch that way.

Re: Is it possible to watch MythTv recordings/live TV using a Quest 3 [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2023 10:11, Charlie Myth wrote:
> Hiya
>
> Sure no problem - being lazy I shall cut and paste from Wikipedia
>
> "The *Meta Quest 3* is a virtual reality
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality> (VR) headset
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset> developed by
> Reality Labs <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_Labs>, a division of
> Meta Platforms <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_Platforms>. It was
> unveiled on June 1, 2023, and released on October 10" ...note the
> passthrough capability...." along with a color camera used for
> stereoscopic 3D <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereoscopic_3D> mixed
> reality <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_reality> passthrough ".
>
> And I just noticed that there is a Linux (and other platforms) app for
> it called "/Immersed/" (this is not an endorsement, just a possible
> solution, I know nothing about it other than from searching) - which
> permits one to have one's "desktop" replicated to the Quest (officially
> Quest 2 and others, but other searching implies Quest 3 is supported).
> So I guess I could run Myth client somewhere and then replicate that to
> the Quest should I want to watch that way.

You mentioned an ability to sideload Android apps. Maybe leanfront?

https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront#readme

John P