Mailing List Archive

mythtv on Raspberry Pi 4 Bookworm
The RPI OS has just moved to Bookworm. I tried to build mythtv for it using
my old bullseye instructions and found some issues.

1. Ansible will not work unless you use the GUI version of Raspberry Pi
Configuration and change the Locale to UTF-8. By default it's ISO.

2. I built the mythtv-light version that has always worked in the past but
on the install of the .deb at the end I received the following error.

jim@raspberrypi:~/build $ sudo apt install
./mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-0_arm64_bookworm.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'mythtv-light' instead of
'./mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-0_arm64_bookworm.deb'
Some packages could not be installed. This may m mythtv-light : Depends:
libfftw3-3 but it is not installableean that you have
or been moved out of Incoming.

mythtv-light : Depends: libfftw3-3 but it is not installable

There is no libfftw3-3 package that I can find. libfftw3-bin and -dev are
installed but that's not what it wants.

Any ideas? I didn't run into this on x86_64 builds for mythtv.

Jim A
Re: mythtv on Raspberry Pi 4 Bookworm [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 7:40?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The RPI OS has just moved to Bookworm. I tried to build mythtv for it
> using my old bullseye instructions and found some issues.
>
> 1. Ansible will not work unless you use the GUI version of Raspberry Pi
> Configuration and change the Locale to UTF-8. By default it's ISO.
>
> 2. I built the mythtv-light version that has always worked in the past but
> on the install of the .deb at the end I received the following error.
>
> jim@raspberrypi:~/build $ sudo apt install
> ./mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-0_arm64_bookworm.deb
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Reading state information... Done
> Note, selecting 'mythtv-light' instead of
> './mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-0_arm64_bookworm.deb'
> Some packages could not be installed. This may m mythtv-light : Depends:
> libfftw3-3 but it is not installableean that you have
> or been moved out of Incoming.

> mythtv-light : Depends: libfftw3-3 but it is not installable
>
> There is no libfftw3-3 package that I can find. libfftw3-bin and -dev
> are installed but that's not what it wants.
>
> Any ideas? I didn't run into this on x86_64 builds for mythtv.
>
> Jim A

It seems libttw3-3 stopped at bullseye and is intended for amd64 and i386.
So I'm not sure what is calling for it in mythtv on AARM64

Jim A
Re: mythtv on Raspberry Pi 4 Bookworm [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 at 17:16, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 7:40?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The RPI OS has just moved to Bookworm. I tried to build mythtv for it using my old bullseye instructions and found some issues.
>>
>> 1. Ansible will not work unless you use the GUI version of Raspberry Pi Configuration and change the Locale to UTF-8. By default it's ISO.
>>
>> 2. I built the mythtv-light version that has always worked in the past but on the install of the .deb at the end I received the following error.
>>
>> jim@raspberrypi:~/build $ sudo apt install ./mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-0_arm64_bookworm.deb
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree... Done
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Note, selecting 'mythtv-light' instead of './mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-0_arm64_bookworm.deb'
>> Some packages could not be installed. This may m mythtv-light : Depends: libfftw3-3 but it is not installableean that you have
>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>> mythtv-light : Depends: libfftw3-3 but it is not installable
>> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
>>
>> There is no libfftw3-3 package that I can find. libfftw3-bin and -dev are installed but that's not what it wants.
>>
>> Any ideas? I didn't run into this on x86_64 builds for mythtv.
>>
>> Jim A
>

> It seems libttw3-3 stopped at bullseye and is intended for amd64 and i386. So I'm not sure what is calling for it in mythtv on AARM64

It's referenced here in the HEREDOC that created the debian/control file:

https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/f5478a2ce19a4e64995a525782c3539ff48585c3/deb-light/package.sh#L115

You might try removing the reference to libfftw3-3 on that line and
try rebuilding.

I don't know how many versions of Debian/Raspbian package.sh is meant
to support, but it seems particularly fragile when packages are
added/dropped between releases.

Cheers,
Nick
Re: mythtv on Raspberry Pi 4 Bookworm [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 1:48?PM Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 at 17:16, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 7:40?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> The RPI OS has just moved to Bookworm. I tried to build mythtv for it
> using my old bullseye instructions and found some issues.
> >>
> >> 1. Ansible will not work unless you use the GUI version of Raspberry Pi
> Configuration and change the Locale to UTF-8. By default it's ISO.
> >>
> >> 2. I built the mythtv-light version that has always worked in the past
> but on the install of the .deb at the end I received the following error.
> >>
> >> jim@raspberrypi:~/build $ sudo apt install
> ./mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-0_arm64_bookworm.deb
> >> Reading package lists... Done
> >> Building dependency tree... Done
> >> Reading state information... Done
> >> Note, selecting 'mythtv-light' instead of
> './mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-0_arm64_bookworm.deb'
> >> Some packages could not be installed. This may m mythtv-light :
> Depends: libfftw3-3 but it is not installableean that you have
> >> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> >> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> >> or been moved out of Incoming.
> >> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
> >>
> >> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >> mythtv-light : Depends: libfftw3-3 but it is not installable
> >> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> >>
> >> There is no libfftw3-3 package that I can find. libfftw3-bin and -dev
> are installed but that's not what it wants.
> >>
> >> Any ideas? I didn't run into this on x86_64 builds for mythtv.
> >>
> >> Jim A
> >

> > It seems libttw3-3 stopped at bullseye and is intended for amd64 and
> i386. So I'm not sure what is calling for it in mythtv on AARM64
>
> It's referenced here in the HEREDOC that created the debian/control file:
>

> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/f5478a2ce19a4e64995a525782c3539ff48585c3/deb-light/package.sh#L115
>
> You might try removing the reference to libfftw3-3 on that line and
> try rebuilding.
>
> I don't know how many versions of Debian/Raspbian package.sh is meant
> to support, but it seems particularly fragile when packages are
> added/dropped between releases.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Thanks, I think I'll change it to libfftw3-dev which is what is called for
in the ansible dependencies and see what happens.

Thanks again,

JIm A
Re: mythtv on Raspberry Pi 4 Bookworm [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 2:04?PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 1:48?PM Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 at 17:16, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> using my old bullseye instructions and found some issues.

>> Pi Configuration and change the Locale to UTF-8. By default it's ISO.

>> but on the install of the .deb at the end I received the following error.

>> ./mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-0_arm64_bookworm.deb
>> './mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-0_arm64_bookworm.deb'
>> Depends: libfftw3-3 but it is not installableean that you have

>> -dev are installed but that's not what it wants.

>> > It seems libttw3-3 stopped at bullseye and is intended for amd64 and
>> i386. So I'm not sure what is calling for it in mythtv on AARM64
>>
>> It's referenced here in the HEREDOC that created the debian/control file:
>>

>> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/f5478a2ce19a4e64995a525782c3539ff48585c3/deb-light/package.sh#L115
>>
>> You might try removing the reference to libfftw3-3 on that line and
>> try rebuilding.
>>
>> I don't know how many versions of Debian/Raspbian package.sh is meant
>> to support, but it seems particularly fragile when packages are
>> added/dropped between releases.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nick
>>

> Thanks, I think I'll change it to libfftw3-dev which is what is called
> for in the ansible dependencies and see what happens.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> JIm A

I got past that problem but now I have a new one. Bookworm made installing
a python script more difficult. The current mythtv-light scripts may need
to work. Here's what I got

~/build $ sudo apt install
./mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-1_arm64_bookworm.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'mythtv-light' instead of
'./mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-1_arm64_bookworm.deb'
The following additional packages will be installed:
fonts-liberation
fonts-liberation mythtv-light
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 828 kB/48.3 MB of archives.
After this operation, 167 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main arm64 fonts-liberation all
1:1.07.4-11 [828 kB]
Get:2 /home/jim/build/mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-1_arm64_bookworm.deb
mythtv-light arm64 33.1-22-g26e76a3949-1 [47.5 MB]
Fetched 828 kB in 1s (806 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package fonts-liberation.
(Reading database ... 162960 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../fonts-liberation_1%3a1.07.4-11_all.deb ...
Unpacking fonts-liberation (1:1.07.4-11) ...
Selecting previously unselected package mythtv-light.~/build $ sudo apt
[...]
Preparing to unpack
.../mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-1_arm64_bookworm.deb ...
Unpacking mythtv-light (33.1-22-g26e76a3949-1) ...
Setting up fonts-liberation (1:1.07.4-11) ...
Setting up mythtv-light (33.1-22-g26e76a3949-1) ...
Processing triggers for fontconfig (2.14.1-4) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1.1) ...
Processing triggers for mailcap (3.70+nmu1) ...
N: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file
'/home/jim/build/mythtv-light_33.1-22-g26e76a3949-1_arm64_bookworm.deb'
couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission
denied)
jim@raspberrypi:~/build $

Jim A