Mailing List Archive

Firestick 4K Setup -> Video -> Playback
I'm trying to use the wiki

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android#Amazon_Fire_TV_Stick_4K

to setup my firestick 4k, but the settings there don't match the options
on my stick. I'm guessing it out of date, and doesn't reflect the latest
Android mythfrontend.

Is there something more current?

Re: Firestick 4K Setup -> Video -> Playback [ In reply to ]
On 9/29/23 7:54 PM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> I'm trying to use the wiki
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android#Amazon_Fire_TV_Stick_4K
>
> to setup my firestick 4k, but the settings there don't match the options
> on my stick. I'm guessing it out of date, and doesn't reflect the latest
> Android mythfrontend.

I ran into the same thing myself. The whole Android mythfrontend
experience to me was a touch tedious to set up, and the resulting video
output looked bad.

If since learned to embrace Leanfront, which both "just worked" when I
tried it, and also provided excellent video quality.
<https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront>

-WD