i.e.
program.title='College Football' and channel.channum not in ('28_1',
'22_2', '34_1', '22_1')

This rule works fine but some Saturdays it still produces a number of
recorded games I'm not interested in.

How do I tell Mythtv to not record a specific game that it picked using the
Power Search without messing up the other games today or in the future?

JIm A
Re: Power search recording rules [ In reply to ]
On 9/23/23 10:56, James Abernathy wrote:
> I have a power search recording rule that records all College Football
> games except those on specific channels.
>
> i.e.
> program.title='College Football' and channel.channum not in ('28_1',
> '22_2', '34_1', '22_1')
>
> This rule works fine but some Saturdays it still produces a number of
> recorded games I'm not interested in.
>
> How do I tell Mythtv to not record a specific game that it picked
> using the Power Search without messing up the other games today or in
> the future?
>
> JIm A

Create an override rule with "don't record" option for the specific
showings in the upcoming list. Note that you may have to create several
override rules because if you override one program it may simply switch
to recording the same program from another channel.

You can do this from the new web app if you are running master, or from
mythfrontend. Leanfront does not do overrides at this time.

Peter

Re: Power search recording rules [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 11:07?AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/23/23 10:56, James Abernathy wrote:
> > I have a power search recording rule that records all College Football
> > games except those on specific channels.
> >
> > i.e.
> > program.title='College Football' and channel.channum not in ('28_1',
> > '22_2', '34_1', '22_1')
> >
> > This rule works fine but some Saturdays it still produces a number of
> > recorded games I'm not interested in.
> >
> > How do I tell Mythtv to not record a specific game that it picked
> > using the Power Search without messing up the other games today or in
> > the future?
> >
> > JIm A

> Create an override rule with "don't record" option for the specific
> showings in the upcoming list. Note that you may have to create several
> override rules because if you override one program it may simply switch
> to recording the same program from another channel.
>
> You can do this from the new web app if you are running master, or from
> mythfrontend. Leanfront does not do overrides at this time.
>
> Peter

Thanks, Using mythfrontend on v34 Master I can go to upcoming recordings
and on the one I don't want to record edit the recording to Add an override
and then select do not record. This then shows up with an "X" in the list
of upcoming but leaves the others alone.

I could not figure out how to do this with the Web app under the recording
rules or upcoming. I must have missed it.

Jim A
Re: Power search recording rules [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 11:18?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 11:07?AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 9/23/23 10:56, James Abernathy wrote:
>> > I have a power search recording rule that records all College Football
>> > games except those on specific channels.
>> >
>> > i.e.
>> > program.title='College Football' and channel.channum not in ('28_1',
>> > '22_2', '34_1', '22_1')
>> >
>> > This rule works fine but some Saturdays it still produces a number of
>> > recorded games I'm not interested in.
>> >
>> > How do I tell Mythtv to not record a specific game that it picked
>> > using the Power Search without messing up the other games today or in
>> > the future?
>> >
>> > JIm A

>> Create an override rule with "don't record" option for the specific
>> showings in the upcoming list. Note that you may have to create several
>> override rules because if you override one program it may simply switch
>> to recording the same program from another channel.
>>
>> You can do this from the new web app if you are running master, or from
>> mythfrontend. Leanfront does not do overrides at this time.
>>
>> Peter
>>

> Thanks, Using mythfrontend on v34 Master I can go to upcoming recordings
> and on the one I don't want to record edit the recording to Add an override
> and then select do not record. This then shows up with an "X" in the list
> of upcoming but leaves the others alone.
>
> I could not figure out how to do this with the Web app under the recording
> rules or upcoming. I must have missed it.
>
> Jim A

Okay, I found the symbol next to the edit on the upcoming recordings tab.
Looks like a paper clip tilted. I can add an override to not record and
that works, but I could not delete the override. I had to go back to
mythfrontend to delete the override.

Jim A
Re: Power search recording rules [ In reply to ]
On 9/23/23 11:26, James Abernathy wrote:
> Okay, I found the symbol next to the edit on the upcoming recordings
> tab. Looks like a paper clip tilted.  I can add an override to not
> record and that works, but I could not delete the override.  I had to
>
> Jim A

To delete the override in the web app go to the "Recording Rules" tab
and delete it there. Maybe I should include an option to also delete it
in the edit from the upcoming page.

Peter

Re: Power search recording rules [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 11:57?AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/23/23 11:26, James Abernathy wrote:
> > Okay, I found the symbol next to the edit on the upcoming recordings
> > tab. Looks like a paper clip tilted. I can add an override to not
> > record and that works, but I could not delete the override. I had to
> >
> > Jim A
>
> To delete the override in the web app go to the "Recording Rules" tab
> and delete it there. Maybe I should include an option to also delete it
> in the edit from the upcoming page.
>
> Peter

Okay, I see the overrides now in the rules. Thanks,

JIm A
Re: Power search recording rules [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 2:58?PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a power search recording rule that records all College Football games except those on specific channels.
>
> i.e.
> program.title='College Football' and channel.channum not in ('28_1', '22_2', '34_1', '22_1')
>
> This rule works fine but some Saturdays it still produces a number of recorded games I'm not interested in.

Is there a well-defined definition of what
you are interested/not interested in?

For example, are you only interested in
a selected set of teams?

If so, I will note that at least one of the
Schedules Direct JSON grabbers offers
a number of additional artifacts such as
the teams that are playing (presuming
Schedules Direct has that information,
which is usually true for the US College
US football games). I believe one developer
expressed tentative interest in adding that
information for the ability for scheduling
choices at some future point, but AFAIK
no such updates have been committed.

If you might be interested in contributing
that code, you should likely post to the
-dev list for the ways to proceed.
Re: Power search recording rules [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 11:07?PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 2:58?PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have a power search recording rule that records all College Football
> games except those on specific channels.
> >
> > i.e.
> > program.title='College Football' and channel.channum not in ('28_1',
> '22_2', '34_1', '22_1')
> >
> > This rule works fine but some Saturdays it still produces a number of
> recorded games I'm not interested in.
>
> Is there a well-defined definition of what
> you are interested/not interested in?
>
> For example, are you only interested in
> a selected set of teams?
>
> If so, I will note that at least one of the
> Schedules Direct JSON grabbers offers
> a number of additional artifacts such as
> the teams that are playing (presuming
> Schedules Direct has that information,
> which is usually true for the US College
> US football games). I believe one developer
> expressed tentative interest in adding that
> information for the ability for scheduling
> choices at some future point, but AFAIK
> no such updates have been committed.
>
> If you might be interested in contributing
> that code, you should likely post to the
> -dev list for the ways to proceed.

In my case on Saturdays during the fall, College football is everywhere. A
number of the lesser channels fill their time with low-level teams games
and a lot of reruns. So if I weed them out by channel then I've solved my
problem. At that point on Fridays I can look at the upcoming recordings for
games then I create the override rule for the matchups that I don't care
about.

So with Peter's new Web App changes I can easily take care of my needs.

Jim A