OR do I need to get all the metadata and export manually now with V34?

Regards!

Jay
Re: Python exportmetadata binding needing an inetref, but none is available in V34 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:22:43 -0400, you wrote:

>As indicated, I have some video that has no inetref, and won?t have one, but there is some already available from the schedules direct including season, episode, description, and others.
>
>However when I use the mythvidexport.py script, an exception occurs because there is no inetref for the video and fails. This used to work when I was running V32.
>
>Is there a flag, or way to get exportmetadata to work ? I don?t care about exporting artwork as there isn?t any available for the video I am exporting.
>
>OR do I need to get all the metadata and export manually now with V34?
>
>Regards!
>
>Jay

Have you seen this?

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvidexport2.py
Re: Python exportmetadata binding needing an inetref, but none is available in V34 [ In reply to ]
> On Sep 13, 2023, at 10:22 PM, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:22:43 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> As indicated, I have some video that has no inetref, and won?t have one, but there is some already available from the schedules direct including season, episode, description, and others.
>>
>> However when I use the mythvidexport.py script, an exception occurs because there is no inetref for the video and fails. This used to work when I was running V32.
>>
>> Is there a flag, or way to get exportmetadata to work ? I don?t care about exporting artwork as there isn?t any available for the video I am exporting.
>>
>> OR do I need to get all the metadata and export manually now with V34?
>>
>> Regards!
>>
>> Jay
>
> Have you seen this?
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvidexport2.py

Yes I did, in fact, I am the author of it(well along with Wagners original that it was modified from)! The problem however lies in the MythTV python binding it uses to export the meta data as mentioned in my earlier email.

Regards

Re: Python exportmetadata binding needing an inetref, but none is available in V34 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 3:42?PM Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On Sep 13, 2023, at 10:22 PM, Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:22:43 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >> As indicated, I have some video that has no inetref, and won’t have
> one, but there is some already available from the schedules direct
> including season, episode, description, and others.
> >>
> >> However when I use the mythvidexport.py script, an exception occurs
> because there is no inetref for the video and fails. This used to work when
> I was running V32.
> >>
> >> Is there a flag, or way to get exportmetadata to work ? I don’t care
> about exporting artwork as there isn’t any available for the video I am
> exporting.
> >>
> >> OR do I need to get all the metadata and export manually now with V34?
> >>
> >> Regards!
> >>
> >> Jay
> >
> > Have you seen this?
> >
> > https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvidexport2.py
>
> Yes I did, in fact, I am the author of it(well along with Wagners original
> that it was modified from)! The problem however lies in the MythTV python
> binding it uses to export the meta data as mentioned in my earlier email.
>
> Regards
>
> I just pushed a commit to mythtv/master (v34pre) which might solve your
problem.

BTW, I had no success in trying the mythvidexport2.py script from the wiki.
Running it in manual mode by providing 'chanid' and 'starttime' I got this
exception:

File ".../master/mythvidexport2.py", line 109, in get_format
self.hr = "%02d" % self.starttime.hour
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'hour'

Roland
Re: Python exportmetadata binding needing an inetref, but none is available in V34 [ In reply to ]

> I just pushed a commit to mythtv/master (v34pre) which might solve your problem.

I will try that out, thanks!

> BTW, I had no success in trying the mythvidexport2.py script from the wiki.
> Running it in manual mode by providing 'chanid' and 'starttime' I got this exception:
>
> File ".../master/mythvidexport2.py", line 109, in get_format
> self.hr <http://self.hr/> = "%02d" % self.starttime.hour
> AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'hour'

The way I am using the script is to call it from a Job. And self.starttime is copied directly from the job start time which has the
Mmm dd yyyy hh mm ss defined from the start time object in Job.

I confess to never having tested the script using just the start time and channel id from the command line.

Oops, Adding that to my todo list!

If it is in the job queue and you use the job queue id, it will work correctly on the cmd line as follows:

/usr/local/bin/mythvidexport.py --listingonly 88546. ## where 88546 is a job id from job queue

Regards

Jay
Re: Python exportmetadata binding needing an inetref, but none is available in V34 [ In reply to ]

> I just pushed a commit to mythtv/master (v34pre) which might solve your problem.

I did test the change you made, and it works fine for me, Thank you!

Regards,

Jay