Mailing List Archive

Upgraded from v32 to master/v34, no problems.. yet.!
As I indicated, I just upgraded from v32 to master/v34 using the mythbuntu PPA for v34. Knock on wood, I haven’t had any problems yet!

I tried out the backend setup, tho not changing anything as I didn’t need any changes and that looks good to me. I do still prefer myth web for seeing the guide data, tho this is personal preference due to the 2 hour block in the new, versus the 3 hour block in myth web.

On the frontend, there is a little weirdness when first starting a video session, in that there are ‘flashes’ in the picture for a second or two, and then is ok after. I am using the ffmpeg-vaapi decoder. NOTE that I had this trouble under v32 as well.

I also noticed that when watching live that video playback tries to follow real time 3 or 4 seconds closer than in v32, and it tends to get a little ‘wonky’ when so close to real time. Being a few more seconds behind realtime would be ok with me. I just back up 15 seconds and watch that way and all is good! :-)

Thanks to all for all the work involved in v34!

Regards,

Jay