Mailing List Archive

wake salve on LAN?
From what I see in frontend > information center > system status > machine
status the Master backend, on the RPi knows about the Slave backend, on the
Lenovo and vica-versa. Are there further settings to have the RPi wake the
Lenovo as required? I haven't seen any detailed documentation on-line
anywhere. TIA Daryl
Re: wake salve on LAN? [ In reply to ]
On 8/1/23 09:00, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> From what I see in frontend > information center > system status >
> machine status the Master backend, on the RPi knows about the Slave
> backend, on the Lenovo and vica-versa. Are there further settings to
> have the RPi wake the Lenovo as required? I haven't seen any detailed
> documentation on-line anywhere.  TIA  Daryl

There are settings to start the slaves from the master. The problem is
that it will start all slaves when the the master starts, and shut them
down when the master shuts down. Since the master is a RPi which will
run all the time, it will keep the slaves running all the time.

You can develop your own script to sleep and wake the slave based on the
schedule.

Peter

Re: wake salve on LAN? [ In reply to ]