Mailing List Archive

Audio not working after trying bluetooth
For some reason audio on mythfrontend is not working today. What has
changed?

1. upgraded to latest v34 v34.0~master.20230712.25f757b4-0ubuntu0 as of 7AM
EDT this morning. This is a Debian 12 system, so the mythtv is built
locally as a package following the wiki.

2. Used a Bluetooth headset yesterday but connected to my Google TV not the
PC

When I started the test PC today I could not play a recording without the
Audio Red "X". It said Aborting reconfigure. When I go to setting Audio I
have a popup that notes that the ALSA:HDMI:CARD=PCH: dev 0 is not working.
However, if I "okay" that error and select the same device and go to the
testing screen, the audio works fine. Just won't play. The PC has audio
using the same device via 5.1 HDMI and Kodi plays the same video fine.

I don't think #2 has any connection because it's the TV that sends the
audio to either an AV Receiver or to a BT headset.

I have a remote Frontend connected to my production backend which is also
the latest mythtv v34 but it's Ubuntu 22.04 and its audio is analog via the
small L/R audio out jack to a set of PC speakers.

I didn't have this problem yesterday before the upgrade to mythtv.

I'm using Timeshift-autosnap-apt so I can roll back to the system prior to
this upgrade to confirm, but will see what is the response to this first.

JIm A
Re: Audio not working after trying bluetooth [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 10:46?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> For some reason audio on mythfrontend is not working today. What has
> changed?
>
> 1. upgraded to latest v34 v34.0~master.20230712.25f757b4-0ubuntu0 as of
> 7AM EDT this morning. This is a Debian 12 system, so the mythtv is built
> locally as a package following the wiki.
>
> 2. Used a Bluetooth headset yesterday but connected to my Google TV not
> the PC
>
> When I started the test PC today I could not play a recording without the
> Audio Red "X". It said Aborting reconfigure. When I go to setting Audio I
> have a popup that notes that the ALSA:HDMI:CARD=PCH: dev 0 is not working.
> However, if I "okay" that error and select the same device and go to the
> testing screen, the audio works fine. Just won't play. The PC has audio
> using the same device via 5.1 HDMI and Kodi plays the same video fine.
>
> I don't think #2 has any connection because it's the TV that sends the
> audio to either an AV Receiver or to a BT headset.
>
> I have a remote Frontend connected to my production backend which is also
> the latest mythtv v34 but it's Ubuntu 22.04 and its audio is analog via the
> small L/R audio out jack to a set of PC speakers.
>
> I didn't have this problem yesterday before the upgrade to mythtv.
>
> I'm using Timeshift-autosnap-apt so I can roll back to the system prior to
> this upgrade to confirm, but will see what is the response to this first.
>
> JIm A

UPDATE. I couldn't see any commits related to audio recently so I decided
to restore the snapshot from just before I upgraded to the overnight
commit. When I rebooted I the audio worked correctly on mythfrontend.

However I restored to the snapshot taken just before the previous restore.
The audio issue didn't reoccur. No idea what caused it. Can't reproduce it
now.

JIm A