I'm not sure I'd use mythweb now that the Web App is working on Master, but
I wanted to report what I found.

Jim A
Re: mythweb on Master?? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 at 21:43, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since the new Web App is replacing a lot of the functionality of Mythweb
> and adding mythtv-setup capabilities, I don't know if anyone cares about
> mythweb moving forward.
>
> However, if they do care I have found that mythweb does work on Ubuntu but
> not on Debian 12.
>
> On Debian 12 all pages work except for the Backend Status page. It's
> completely blank. I don't see any errors anywhere.
>
> I'm not sure I'd use mythweb now that the Web App is working on Master,
> but I wanted to report what I found.

I suppose it doesn't matter that much, but as long as you're reporting, it
might be good to check the Apache logs for any errors and report any found
for additional information.

Cheers, Ian
Re: mythweb on Master?? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 at 21:54, Ian Cameron <mkbloke@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 at 21:43, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> On Debian 12 all pages work except for the Backend Status page. It's
> completely blank. I don't see any errors anywhere.

Note to self: learn to read!
Re: mythweb on Master?? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 4:58?PM Ian Cameron <mkbloke@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 at 21:54, Ian Cameron <mkbloke@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 at 21:43, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> On Debian 12 all pages work except for the Backend Status page. It's
>> completely blank. I don't see any errors anywhere.
>>

> Note to self: learn to read

I did just dig a little deeper and in the error.log for apache2 I see
nothing since it was started this morning. The access log has the following
as a results of me clicking on "Backend Status:
192.168.0.206 - - [29/Jun/2023:17:00:27 -0400] "GET /mythweb/ HTTP/1.1" 200
3369 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHT
ML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"
192.168.0.206 - - [29/Jun/2023:17:00:31 -0400] "GET /mythweb/status
HTTP/1.1" 200 2402 "http://192.168.0.205/mythweb/" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Lin
ux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0
Safari/537.36"

Doesn't appear to be much there.

Like I said it works on Ubuntu 22.04 v34 ppa but it fails on Debian 12. I
built from master on Debian 12 using the wiki for mythtv and debian.
Everything else I've tested works the same on Ubuntu and Debian. With Web
App working so well, I thought about testing fringe items and mythweb falls
into that category. I doubt I'd use it now that the web app is working so
well. The best thing for me is to have someone say don't use mythweb on
v34 it's been depreciated, which in all reality it has. There are several
things that never worked on mythweb that work great on the web app

Jim A
Re: mythweb on Master?? [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jun 2023, at 5:12 am, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 4:58?PM Ian Cameron <mkbloke@gmail.com <mailto:mkbloke@gmail.com>> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 at 21:54, Ian Cameron <mkbloke@gmail.com <mailto:mkbloke@gmail.com>> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 at 21:43, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com <mailto:jfabernathy@gmail.com>> wrote:
> On Debian 12 all pages work except for the Backend Status page. It's completely blank. I don't see any errors anywhere.
>
> Note to self: learn to read
>
> I did just dig a little deeper and in the error.log for apache2 I see nothing since it was started this morning. The access log has the following as a results of me clicking on "Backend Status:
> 192.168.0.206 - - [29/Jun/2023:17:00:27 -0400] "GET /mythweb/ HTTP/1.1" 200 3369 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHT
> ML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 <http://114.0.0.0/> Safari/537.36"
> 192.168.0.206 - - [29/Jun/2023:17:00:31 -0400] "GET /mythweb/status HTTP/1.1" 200 2402 "http://192.168.0.205/mythweb/ <http://192.168.0.205/mythweb/>" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Lin
> ux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 <http://114.0.0.0/> Safari/537.36"
>
> Doesn't appear to be much there.
>
> Like I said it works on Ubuntu 22.04 v34 ppa but it fails on Debian 12. I built from master on Debian 12 using the wiki for mythtv and debian. Everything else I've tested works the same on Ubuntu and Debian. With Web App working so well, I thought about testing fringe items and mythweb falls into that category. I doubt I'd use it now that the web app is working so well. The best thing for me is to have someone say don't use mythweb on v34 it's been depreciated, which in all reality it has. There are several things that never worked on mythweb that work great on the web app

I can't build master on mac high sierra so I'm stuck at 32. But mythweb just works and someday I'll look to see if I can strip the non-building bits out of the make. mythtv-program does build so hope is alive ...
I tried 'buntu 22.04 on that iMac 27. It works but there is so much to do (fan control, spam, suspend ...)
James
Re: mythweb on Master?? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 10:43?PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since the new Web App is replacing a lot of the functionality of Mythweb
> and adding mythtv-setup capabilities, I don't know if anyone cares about
> mythweb moving forward.
>
> However, if they do care I have found that mythweb does work on Ubuntu but
> not on Debian 12.
>
> On Debian 12 all pages work except for the Backend Status page. It's
> completely blank. I don't see any errors anywhere.
>
> I'm not sure I'd use mythweb now that the Web App is working on Master,
> but I wanted to report what I found.
>
> Jim A

This issue has been analyzed and concerns to every fresh installation of
MythTV/mythweb, regardless of the Operating System used:
see https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/issues/89

Roland