Mailing List Archive

Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 243, Issue 29
On 6/22/23 8:00 AM, mythtv-users-request@mythtv.org wrote:
>> Can you do the following:
> - in mythfrontend configure "Current video playback profile" to "Normal"
> - start mythfrontend with verbose debug: "v playback:debug"
> - capture the output of a complete mythfrontend run, e.g. like this:
> $ mythfrontend -v playback:debug 2>&1 | tee mf-20230621-2323.log
> and then post the file mf-20230621-2323.log somewhere so that it can be
> downloaded.
> Then the same with mythavtest:
> $ mythtavtest -v playback:debug some_recording 2>&1 | tee
> ma-20230621-2323.log
> and post this also.
> Maybe we can get an idea of what is going wrong.
>
> Kind regards,
> Klaas.

Hello,

I have the files here....

ma.20230623-1726.log -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qp-zWauSaE2h1qZOTba-0eff2Q_i_75e/view?usp=sharing

ma.20230623-1726.log -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qp-zWauSaE2h1qZOTba-0eff2Q_i_75e/view?usp=sharing

Both using the video profile 'High Quality' which works w/ mythavtest.

Thanks
Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 243, Issue 29 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 at 23:37, R Kannan <rk111810@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/22/23 8:00 AM, mythtv-users-request@mythtv.org wrote:
>
> Can you do the following:
>
> - in mythfrontend configure "Current video playback profile" to "Normal"
> - start mythfrontend with verbose debug: "v playback:debug"
> - capture the output of a complete mythfrontend run, e.g. like this:
> $ mythfrontend -v playback:debug 2>&1 | tee mf-20230621-2323.log
> and then post the file mf-20230621-2323.log somewhere so that it can be
> downloaded.
> Then the same with mythavtest:
> $ mythtavtest -v playback:debug some_recording 2>&1 | tee
> ma-20230621-2323.log
> and post this also.
> Maybe we can get an idea of what is going wrong.
>
> Kind regards,
> Klaas.
>
> Hello,
>
> I have the files here....
>
> ma.20230623-1726.log -
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qp-zWauSaE2h1qZOTba-0eff2Q_i_75e/view?usp=sharing
>
> ma.20230623-1726.log -
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qp-zWauSaE2h1qZOTba-0eff2Q_i_75e/view?usp=sharing
>
> Both using the video profile 'High Quality' which works w/ mythavtest.

Hi,

Both files are identical and they show the output of mythavtest from mythtv
version 0.28.
The log shows that mythavtest uses XVIdeo output and that is nowadays not
used anymore.

My guess is that you have now a mixed bag of packages, both from before
your Ubuntu upgrade and from afterwards.
I suggest removing all MythTV packages and install version 33 and configure
everything from scratch.
If you want to keep your existing recordings you must do something with
saving and restoring the database.
This has been done by various folks and is described somewhere in the Wiki.

Kind regards,
Klaas.