'shoutcast' technology has been dropped in favour of the 'BBC Sounds'
services.

John P
Re: BBC radio streams discontinued [ In reply to ]
On 2023-06-21 11:53, John Pilkington wrote:
> I have sometimes 'Listened to radio stream' on mythfrontend. For some
> time the BBC streams have carried warnings about discontinuation 'in
> mid 2023'. It looks as if that has now happened.
>
> The World Service is still there, but UK-targeted ones have gone. The
> 'shoutcast' technology has been dropped in favour of the 'BBC Sounds'
> services.
>
> John P

Another example of useful stuff being thrown away because it's not shiny
or monetizable.
The BBC radio stations are also broadcast on Freeview, so if you can
record that you can transpose into an MP3 file fairly easily. I have a
user-job that takes recordings and creates podcasts. The RSS is at
https://corky.co/podcasts/radio/feed.xml but please don't hammer my puny
broadband connection or use it from outside the UK.