bindings_php yes

What does 'skipped' mean?
James
Re: ansible [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 20 June 2023 01:02:54 AM (-05:00), James wrote:

> I decided to build master (to explore PBs stuff)
> I pulled ansible
>
> PLAY RECAP

> localhost : ok=22 changed=1 unreachable=0
failed=0 skipped=23 rescued=0 ignored=0

> and got from configure
>
> # Bindings
> bindings_perl yes
> bindings_python no
> bindings_php yes
>
> What does 'skipped' mean?
> James

It means that a task wasn't run because some condition wasn't met. In
ansible.cfg,
the line: display_skipped_hosts = False prevents those tasks from printing
(you
only see the count in the PLAY RECAP).

Especially for this playbook, there isn't a need to see the tasks for
versions not
used to print. Plus, ansible_pkg_mgr roles for everything OTHER than yours
don't print. E.g. if you your host uses 'apt' there's no need to see 'dnf',
'pacman',
'yum' ... .
--
Bill
Re: ansible [ In reply to ]
> On 20 Jun 2023, at 3:15 pm, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Tuesday 20 June 2023 01:02:54 AM (-05:00), James wrote:
>
> > I decided to build master (to explore PBs stuff)
> > I pulled ansible
> > > PLAY RECAP *************************************************************************************************
>> localhost : ok=22 changed=1 unreachable=0
> failed=0 skipped=23 rescued=0 ignored=0
> > > and got from configure
> > > # Bindings
> > bindings_perl yes
> > bindings_python no
> > bindings_php yes
> > > What does 'skipped' mean?
> > James
>
> It means that a task wasn't run because some condition wasn't met. In ansible.cfg,
> the line: display_skipped_hosts = False prevents those tasks from printing (you
> only see the count in the PLAY RECAP).
>
> Especially for this playbook, there isn't a need to see the tasks for versions not
> used to print. Plus, ansible_pkg_mgr roles for everything OTHER than yours
> don't print. E.g. if you your host uses 'apt' there's no need to see 'dnf', 'pacman',
> 'yum' ... .

Bill that makes sense to me thanks, but why eg python bindings missing?
I set Leap 15.5 in a VM and every thing worked and the end of config bindings said Yes Yes Yes!
James
Re: ansible [ In reply to ]
Jun Tuesday 20 June 2023 02:28:35 AM (-05:00), James wrote:

> Bill that makes sense to me thanks, but why eg python bindings missing?
> I set Leap 15.5 in a VM and every thing worked and the end of config
bindings said Yes Yes Yes!
> James

The 3rd task run should look _similar_ to this:

TASK [common : Debian information used to select which roles/tasks run]
********* ok: [localhost] => {
"msg": [.
"inventory_hostname: localhost",
"ansible_distribution: Ubuntu",
"ansible_distribution_release: jammy",
"ansible_distribution_major_version: 22",
"ansible_lsb.major_release: 22",
"ansible_pkg_mgr: apt"
]
}

Guessing that it's an issue with the 'ansible_distribution'.

Please send me a copy of your output. Off list is fine, this may take a few
tries to solve.

Bill
Re: ansible [ In reply to ]
> On 21 Jun 2023, at 2:13 am, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Jun Tuesday 20 June 2023 02:28:35 AM (-05:00), James wrote:

> > Bill that makes sense to me thanks, but why eg python bindings missing?
> > I set Leap 15.5 in a VM and every thing worked and the end of config bindings said Yes Yes Yes!
> > James
>
> The 3rd task run should look _similar_ to this:
>
> TASK [common : Debian information used to select which roles/tasks run] ********* ok: [localhost] => {
> "msg": [.
> "inventory_hostname: localhost",
> "ansible_distribution: Ubuntu",
> "ansible_distribution_release: jammy",
> "ansible_distribution_major_version: 22",
> "ansible_lsb.major_release: 22",
> "ansible_pkg_mgr: apt"
> ]
> }
>
> Guessing that it's an issue with the 'ansible_distribution'.
>
> Please send me a copy of your output. Off list is fine, this may take a few tries to solve.

Bill I'm sure that it is *me* not ansible. I (foolishly) let opensuse tumbleweed do a dup. The entire mythtv is broken. Backend runs but even a local frontend cannot access the db although maria seems to be fine.

I built the whole of myth in a VM using ansible without any woes.

Tomorrow I'll do a brain transplant, probably to Leap 15.5, worst case ubuntu LTS is known to work (although as an old unix fart I prefer openSuSE to ubuntu eg dmesg eg nano instead of vi eg yast etc)

So thankyou, I'll shout help if I need, but I expect to be quiet :-), I was just gathering info about inside-ansible.

Jamees