Mailing List Archive

solved: mythweb not working
> On 15 Jun 2023, at 3:24 pm, James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>

>> On 15 Jun 2023, at 3:14 pm, Mike Hodson <mystica@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Have you actually tried googling the error message?
>>
>> "error: git-remote-https died of signal 4"
>>
>> This brings up a plethora of issues from as far as brew to Ubuntu all of them seem to be centered on running in a virtual machine, with hardware acceleration, and a GNUTLS that does not like this, and perhaps a few environment variables you can set to mitigate the issue or recompile Git with OpenSSL.
>
> Gee Mke
> Thanks lots. I googled lots (different queries) but got not much more than try-later
> James
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 15, 2023, 00:21 James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>>

>> > On 14 Jun 2023, at 1:53 pm, James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi
>> > I've done this before, I'm pretty certain of setup, but I followed wiki:
>> >
>> > A recent update of openSuSE tumbleweed broke my mythweb. After struggling a bit I setup a VM using ubuntu 22.04 and checked out mythweb branch fixes/32. Use the backend database and access mythweb on the VM.
>> >
>> > I'm presented with:
>> >
>> > Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "MythBackend" not found in /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php:74 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/mythweb/mythweb.php(20): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php on line 74
>> >
>> > The MythBackend class bit gets me. Can any folk help
>> >
>> > BTW
>> > My main frontend is an iMac 27 pegged at High Sierra and I can't build master on it so trying PBs alternative is not going to work.
>> > I even explored running linux on that machine, but was defeated by the heat output.
>> > So back to the VM solution
>> > James
>>
>> So I thought start at the beginning, but it seems to be broken:
>>
>> new install of lubuntu 22.04-2
>> $ sudo apt-get install git
>>
>> jam@snow:~$ dig google.com
>>
>> ; <<>> DiG 9.18.1-1ubuntu1.3-Ubuntu <<>> google.com
>> ;; global options: +cmd
>> ;; Got answer:
>> ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 951
>> ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
>>
>> ;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
>> ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494
>> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
>> ;google.com. IN A
>>
>> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
>> google.com. 227 IN A 142.250.70.238
>>
>> ;; Query time: 23 msec
>> ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53) (UDP)
>> ;; WHEN: Thu Jun 15 13:59:30 AWST 2023
>> ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 55
>>
>> jam@snow:~$ git clone https://github.com/MythTV/ansible
>> Cloning into 'ansible'...
>> error: git-remote-https died of signal 4
>>
>> Rather end-of-world stuff. Repeated after 24 hours
>> What is happening
>>
>> James
>>
>> PS Since I can clone on another OS ubutu's git must be broken

I detail exactly what I did, probably lots of cruft.

Not working: Install mythweb from git.

Working:
install 22.04 in a VM (later) 1 core, 1G
install LAMP
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source
ansible
make
make install
setup DB as per mc.sql

mythweb as per wiki article

DISABLE NETWORKING so as not to screw with your real backend
mythtv-setup (no cards, but doing rest)
mythweb on local host works (dont recall if I started backend)

edit /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mythweb.conf

‘localhost' -> ‘mythbackend.name.orip’

ENABLE NETWORKING
success
James