I even explored running linux on that machine, but was defeated by the heat output.
So back to the VM solution
James
Re: mythweb not working [ In reply to ]
> On 14 Jun 2023, at 1:53 pm, James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>
> Hi
> I've done this before, I'm pretty certain of setup, but I followed wiki:
>
> A recent update of openSuSE tumbleweed broke my mythweb. After struggling a bit I setup a VM using ubuntu 22.04 and checked out mythweb branch fixes/32. Use the backend database and access mythweb on the VM.
>
> I'm presented with:
>
> Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "MythBackend" not found in /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php:74 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/mythweb/mythweb.php(20): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php on line 74
>
> The MythBackend class bit gets me. Can any folk help
>
> BTW
> My main frontend is an iMac 27 pegged at High Sierra and I can't build master on it so trying PBs alternative is not going to work.
> I even explored running linux on that machine, but was defeated by the heat output.
> So back to the VM solution
> James

So I thought start at the beginning, but it seems to be broken:

new install of lubuntu 22.04-2
$ sudo apt-get install git

jam@snow:~$ dig google.com

; <<>> DiG 9.18.1-1ubuntu1.3-Ubuntu <<>> google.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;google.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
google.com. 227 IN A 142.250.70.238

;; Query time: 23 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53) (UDP)
;; WHEN: Thu Jun 15 13:59:30 AWST 2023
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 55

jam@snow:~$ git clone https://github.com/MythTV/ansible
Cloning into 'ansible'...
error: git-remote-https died of signal 4

Rather end-of-world stuff. Repeated after 24 hours
What is happening

James

PS Since I can clone on another OS ubutu's git must be broken
Re: mythweb not working [ In reply to ]
Have you actually tried googling the error message?

"error: git-remote-https died of signal 4"

This brings up a plethora of issues from as far as brew to Ubuntu all of
them seem to be centered on running in a virtual machine, with hardware
acceleration, and a GNUTLS that does not like this, and perhaps a few
environment variables you can set to mitigate the issue or recompile Git
with OpenSSL.

Mike