synced all the mythtv frontend audio settings between the two, but no
difference.  What else should I look for?

Don

Re: Audio delay (lip-sync) issue with Mythtvfrontend on Fire TV Stick 4K [ In reply to ]
On 04/03/2023 19:04, Donald Brett via mythtv-users wrote:
> I'm having a lip-sync problem on my Fire TV stick 4k.  The audio is
> delayed by about 1 to 3 words on recordings and videos (not sure how
> that translates to ms).  I also have a Walmart ONN streaming box that
> works pretty well; it also has a slight issue, but much less noticeable.
>
> The setup is pretty bare-bones.  HDMI is going to the TV and it's using
> the TV's stereo speakers; no surround, no Dolby, nothing special.  I've
> synced all the mythtv frontend audio settings between the two, but no
> difference.  What else should I look for?

Is the offset between audio and video constant (i.e. the same over time,
and also the same between recordings or videos)?

If so you can adjust audio sync during playback (Menu --> Audio -->
Adjust Audio Sync). I think that the setting you pick "sticks".
Re: Audio delay (lip-sync) issue with Mythtvfrontend on Fire TV Stick 4K [ In reply to ]
On 3/4/2023 12:14 PM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> On 04/03/2023 19:04, Donald Brett via mythtv-users wrote:
>> I'm having a lip-sync problem on my Fire TV stick 4k.  The audio is
>> delayed by about 1 to 3 words on recordings and videos (not sure how
>> that translates to ms).  I also have a Walmart ONN streaming box that
>> works pretty well; it also has a slight issue, but much less noticeable.
>>
>> The setup is pretty bare-bones.  HDMI is going to the TV and it's using
>> the TV's stereo speakers; no surround, no Dolby, nothing special.  I've
>> synced all the mythtv frontend audio settings between the two, but no
>> difference.  What else should I look for?
> Is the offset between audio and video constant (i.e. the same over time,
> and also the same between recordings or videos)?
>
> If so you can adjust audio sync during playback (Menu --> Audio -->
> Adjust Audio Sync). I think that the setting you pick "sticks".

Not sure how consistent it is between the two.  I'll play with the
adjustment and see if it helps.