Mailing List Archive

"Sky Arts" channel now on UK Freeview DVB-T
This channel became available on Thursday 17 Sept. It's nominally
Freeview channel 11; for me, at present, it's channel 11A, on the same
Transport/mux as Sky News, Dave and Smithsonian

The EIT data shows some programmes as having surround sound, but in fact
everything I have seen is 544*576 mpeg2 with 128 Kb/s joint stereo.

I've just installed Peter's latest build of mythfrontend for Master on
my FireTVstick 4k. I haven't experimented with its settings, but using
ffmpeg decoding and 2x GLSL Linearblend deinterlacing all 4 cores have
some spare capacity on this material at normal speed. But if it showed
golf I don't suppose I would be able to read the name of the golf-ball
maker :-)

John P