recorded. Would it think that the second one is actually a duplicate and
thus not record it? I'm pretty sure this is like a one hr split up show,
hmm.

Most Extreme Elimination TNNSED 2003-08-14T18:00:00 2003-08-14T18:30:00
Contestants are painfully eliminated by stunts and contests.
Most Extreme Elimination TNNSED 2003-08-14T18:30:00 2003-08-14T19:00:00
Contestants are painfully eliminated by stunts and contests.

By the way is that mysql too many connections issue fixed? I really can't
even use mythweb2 at all anymore, lol.

RE: will a duplicate program title and description berecorded? [ In reply to ]
> I'm wondering if my second program listed below from MythWeb will get
> recorded. Would it think that the second one is actually a duplicate and
> thus not record it?

No, I can almost guarantee that your future will be filled deleting repeats
of MXC.

Repeat detection works by comparing the show title, sub-title and
description. If one of those is blank it isn't a repeat (IOW MXC will never
be a rerun as it appears to lack all three necessary data points).

--
Anduin Withers

Re: will a duplicate program title and description be recorded? [ In reply to ]
so is there anything I can do? Is there a setting somewhere to override this
setting on a per show basis. These people are too lazy to fill in show
descriptions gosh lol.

RE: will a duplicate program title and description berecorded? [ In reply to ]
> so is there anything I can do? Is there a setting somewhere to override
this
> setting on a per show basis. These people are too lazy to fill in show
> descriptions gosh lol.

No. You can potentially decrease the frequency you catch repeats by doing
timeslot (if you had selected "any time"). Also single shot recordings
aren't subject to the same mechanism, they achieve this by being
significantly less useful however (well they are useful, for what they are
intended for that is).

--
Anduin Withers

Re: will a duplicate program title and description be recorded? [ In reply to ]
> By the way is that mysql too many connections issue fixed? I really can't
> even use mythweb2 at all anymore, lol.

don't know if it helps, but I've changed pconnect to connect (no more
cached mysql connections). Isaac has also upcated myth to be better
about its connection handling.

-Chris