Mailing List Archive

scheduled recording interrupts live TV on multi-tuner system
I'm not sure if this is a MythTV bug, the intended process or just some
oddity of my setup...

I have 2 prv250's in my Myth box running a CVS checkout from Aug 6. Both
seem fully functional with recording, live TV and PiP working fine.

The problem occurs when I'm watching live TV and a program is scheduled
to start recording. The second tuner is free and my assumption is that
the recording should automatically start on that one. This is not,
however, the case. I am presented with the "new recording" OSD. If I do
nothing, it switches channels and I'm forced to exit out and then
rechoose "Watch TV" to get back to my show. After that I'm watching Live
TV on the second tuner and the recording keeps going on the first.

Is there a way to make it not interrupt live TV and just silently record
on the next available tuner?

Thanks,
Joe