Myth looks great, except that the recorded show listings is messed up.
Not sure if it is because I am running the latest CVS on the backend, or
a bug running on F: drive.

Hopefully I will have the uncompressed version installed tonight, so I
can see if I get the same results.

I also picked up the non M$ DVD remote and will test that module out
also.

Cheers...
Re: xbox frontend Overscan [ In reply to ]
Adrian Burden said:
> Anyone get the over scan working with the Xbox front end?
In progress. What type of TV do have?

> I have the compressed version installed and just hooked up my keyboard.
> Myth looks great, except that the recorded show listings is messed up.
> Not sure if it is because I am running the latest CVS on the backend, or
> a bug running on F: drive.

This is definatley related to a CVS backend talking to a release .10
frontend. Denis has created myth_prog (I think that was the file name)
for CVS. If you are interested in it I'm sure he wouldn't mind sending it
to you, or I could do the same. He has one from last Thursday or Friday,
and another from a monish ago.
> Hopefully I will have the uncompressed version installed tonight, so I
> can see if I get the same results.
>
> I also picked up the non M$ DVD remote and will test that module out
> also.
>
> Cheers...

Michael
RE: xbox frontend Overscan [ In reply to ]
> Adrian Burden said:
> > Anyone get the over scan working with the Xbox front end?
> In progress. What type of TV do have?

I have a Toshiba 16:9

> > I have the compressed version installed and just hooked up my
> > keyboard. Myth looks great, except that the recorded show
> listings is
> > messed up. Not sure if it is because I am running the latest CVS on
> > the backend, or a bug running on F: drive.
>
> This is definatley related to a CVS backend talking to a release .10
> frontend. Denis has created myth_prog (I think that was the
> file name)
> for CVS. If you are interested in it I'm sure he wouldn't
> mind sending it to you, or I could do the same. He has one
> from last Thursday or Friday, and another from a monish ago.

I was going to try and compile the new one myself tonight. Do you have
any tips for compiling for the Xbox?

Thanks..

Cheers...
RE: xbox frontend Overscan [ In reply to ]
> Anyone get the over scan working with the Xbox front end?

Getting overscan to work is going to take some time. You can use xbv to
reset the overscan values to fill the screen, but then Xv gets impacted and
things run in slow motion. I have been looking at the defaults for the
Conexant chip in hope that I can create a version that better fills the
screen. If I could only find the docs for the different registers it would
be so much easier.

> I have the compressed version installed and just hooked up my keyboard.
> Myth looks great, except that the recorded show listings is messed up.
> Not sure if it is because I am running the latest CVS on the backend, or
> a bug running on F: drive.

Yes (as Michael said) you need the CVS version of myth_progfs. I can send
you one from last Friday, or you can attempt to compile it. You might be
tight on space in the filesystem though as I squeeze it down to just big
enough to fit everything.

> Hopefully I will have the uncompressed version installed tonight, so I
> can see if I get the same results.
>
> I also picked up the non M$ DVD remote and will test that module out
> also.

Please do.