Any help is appreciated

Thanks
John
Re: mythmusic : weird compile problem [ In reply to ]
Thus spake John Goulah:
> I'm trying to compile mythmusic on the box (mythtv is compiled and working).
> There is some kind of problem with lame or libcdaudio because its looking for
> id3tag.h (included with lame). The exact error is:
> maddecoder.cpp:12:20: id3tag.h: No such file or directory
> I have installed binary lame and lame-devel rpms and that didn't work so I
> installed lame from source (just like on the how to). I see the file in the
> lame/libmp3lame but its not installing it....

It's not part of lame, you need to have libid3tag (and development
package) installed.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

As the Sandwich-Islander believes that the strength and valor of the
enemy he kills passes into himself, so we gain the strength of the
temptations we resist. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Re: mythmusic : weird compile problem [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 07 August 2003 7:08 pm, Nathan Poznick wrote:
> Thus spake John Goulah:
> > I'm trying to compile mythmusic on the box (mythtv is compiled and
> > working). There is some kind of problem with lame or libcdaudio because
> > its looking for id3tag.h (included with lame). The exact error is:
> > maddecoder.cpp:12:20: id3tag.h: No such file or directory
> > I have installed binary lame and lame-devel rpms and that didn't work so
> > I installed lame from source (just like on the how to). I see the file in
> > the lame/libmp3lame but its not installing it....
>
> It's not part of lame, you need to have libid3tag (and development
> package) installed.

oh ok, did I miss that on the how-to or is it not mentioned? Might help to add
to the mythmusic section of the howto

Thanks
John

Re: mythmusic : weird compile problem [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 07 August 2003 07:41 pm, John Goulah wrote:
> On Thursday 07 August 2003 7:08 pm, Nathan Poznick wrote:
> > Thus spake John Goulah:
> > > I'm trying to compile mythmusic on the box (mythtv is compiled and
> > > working). There is some kind of problem with lame or libcdaudio because
> > > its looking for id3tag.h (included with lame). The exact error is:
> > > maddecoder.cpp:12:20: id3tag.h: No such file or directory
> > > I have installed binary lame and lame-devel rpms and that didn't work
> > > so I installed lame from source (just like on the how to). I see the
> > > file in the lame/libmp3lame but its not installing it....
> >
> > It's not part of lame, you need to have libid3tag (and development
> > package) installed.
>
> oh ok, did I miss that on the how-to or is it not mentioned? Might help to
> add to the mythmusic section of the howto

It's changed recently -- libid3tag was bundled with mad up until the most
recent release of mad.

Isaac