Mailing List Archive

Database errors
I get this error whenever I delete a recording:

2003-08-04 14:36:57 DB Error: recorded program deletion failed, SQL
query was:
DELETE FROM recordedmarkup WHERE chanid = 1015 AND starttime =
20030731180000;

And I've seen quite a few of these errors roll by, but I don't know
what action they correspond to:

DB Error (ClearMarkupMap deleting):
Query was:
DELETE FROM recordedmarkup WHERE chanid = '1057' AND starttime =
'20030804090000' AND type = -1;
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Can't open file: 'recordedmarkup.MYD'. (errno: 145)

DB Error (SetMarkupMap inserting):
Query was:
INSERT recordedmarkup (chanid, starttime, mark, type) values ( '1057',
'20030804090000', 55210, 3);
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Can't open file: 'recordedmarkup.MYD'. (errno: 145)

What might be causing these errors?

I went directly from .8 to .1 so I ran both of the database updates back
to back. That shouldn't cause a problem should it?
Re: Database errors [ In reply to ]
Matt said:
<snip
> And I've seen quite a few of these errors roll by, but I don't know
> what action they correspond to:
>

> DB Error (ClearMarkupMap deleting):
> Query was:
> DELETE FROM recordedmarkup WHERE chanid = '1057' AND starttime =
> '20030804090000' AND type = -1;
> Driver error was [2/-1]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Can't open file: 'recordedmarkup.MYD'. (errno: 145)
<snip>
> What might be causing these errors?
>
> I went directly from .8 to .1 so I ran both of the database updates back
> to back. That shouldn't cause a problem should it?

Running the two scripts back to back shouldn't cause a problem. It
appears though that your recordedmarkup table is corrupted. You might try
using the mysqlrepair utility to fixup the table.

Michael
Re: Database errors [ In reply to ]
> Can't open file: 'recordedmarkup.MYD'. (errno: 145)
> What might be causing these errors?

I ran into this the other day, too... Basically, the .MYD is the table
data file, and it has become corrupted. try:

REPAIR TABLE recordedmarkup;

Though if you do that, you will end up with a lot of old data from when
things were tried to be deleted and failed (myth really needs to have
better error handling and NOT allow errors like this to be non-fatal).
I ended up just wiping the table clean and running mythcommflag again.

-Chris

Re: Database errors [ In reply to ]
Brainfart #57 - can't repair DB table when harddrive is full