Mailing List Archive

PVR-250 IR cable extension?
I'm in the process of making a MythTV system, and have purchased a PVR-250 for my encoder. The machine I'm installing this tuner in is in a closet, about 10 feet from my TV. I have all the audio and video cables I need to get to my TV, but cannot find an extension for the IR receiver. I'd prefer not to have to aim the remote at my closet instead of my TV. Does anyone know what size the plug is on the cable, and/or where I can find a 6-10 foot extension?

*
Chris Wieringa
cwieri39@calvin.edu

Re: PVR-250 IR cable extension? [ In reply to ]
Chris Wieringa wrote:

>I'm in the process of making a MythTV system, and have purchased a PVR-250 for my encoder. The machine I'm installing this tuner in is in a closet, about 10 feet from my TV. I have all the audio and video cables I need to get to my TV, but cannot find an extension for the IR receiver. I'd prefer not to have to aim the remote at my closet instead of my TV. Does anyone know what size the plug is on the cable, and/or where I can find a 6-10 foot extension?
>
>*
>Chris Wieringa
>cwieri39@calvin.edu

Hi Chris.

The plug on the ir sender is a mini-plug (not 1/8") stereo. I just
bought a female and male ends and soldered up my own. Have the ir
modules upstairs in the living room about 35 ft away and used just
normal shielded 22 guage telephone wire to get the signal back
downstairs. Cat 5 might also work - use what you've got. Other than the
batteries on the remote lasting a week it works fine.

./gary