What speed cpu required for encoding 2 streams and watching a third?
I just ordered the ASUS pundit and the LeadTek TV2000XP Deluxe encoder.
I would like get a small height video card and get two encoders in the
motherboard. The MB takes a P4 CPU. The end goal is to encode two
streams at about 1G/Hour compression or better, and viewing a third
stream. What is the minimum speed CPU I would need to get for this?

Thanks!
Reza
Re: What speed cpu required for encoding 2 streams andwatching a third? [ In reply to ]
Reza Naima wrote:
> I just ordered the ASUS pundit and the LeadTek TV2000XP Deluxe encoder.
> I would like get a small height video card and get two encoders in the
> motherboard. The MB takes a P4 CPU. The end goal is to encode two
> streams at about 1G/Hour compression or better, and viewing a third
> stream. What is the minimum speed CPU I would need to get for this?

I've got a Athlon XP 1400+, and a DVB card (MPEG Hardware equivalent), and
with fully optimized drivers (most important is APG) the system uses between
20-30% at encoding. As I only have one card, i've not tried what you would
like to do, but a fast Harddrive, I would think would be the bottleneck. As
transfer is not that consuming (if you don't resize the stream with main
cpu).

Remember that the harddrive has to receive three streams and read one,
because of LiveTV.

Hope it helps,
Kenneth