so I'm trying again. Basically, When I run mythfrontend and select
'music', mythtv crashes and I see an error as follows:

mythfrontend: relocation error: /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so:
undefined symbol: cddb_write_serverlist

Everything else seems to funtion just fine.

Thanks in advance

Kevin B

--
Re: all working except music [ In reply to ]
At 10:40 AM 8/3/2003 -0700, Kevin Brouelette wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I didn't see any response to my post on this on 7-27-2003
>so I'm trying again. Basically, When I run mythfrontend and select
>'music', mythtv crashes and I see an error as follows:
>
>mythfrontend: relocation error: /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so:
>undefined symbol: cddb_write_serverlist
>
>Everything else seems to funtion just fine.

I'm replying only because you posted twice, since I cannot give you a
specific answer (but, seemingly, no one else can either). So this help is,
admittedly, limited.

The **usual** reason for getting a message of this sort is a version
mismatch, in this case between mythfrontend and libmythmusic. Verify that
you are using the latest versions of both (mythmusic released a new version
around July 01, according to the Myth Website).

A compiler-version mismatch is a less likely possibility. SInce you don't
say if you are using precompiled binaries or rolling your own, I can't say
how likely this is.
Re: all working except music [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 03 August 2003 01:40 pm, Kevin Brouelette wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I didn't see any response to my post on this on 7-27-2003
> so I'm trying again. Basically, When I run mythfrontend and select
> 'music', mythtv crashes and I see an error as follows:
>
> mythfrontend: relocation error: /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so:
> undefined symbol: cddb_write_serverlist

Looks like you need to get a different/newer version of libcdaudio installed.

Isaac
Re: all working except music [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 10:55, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> At 10:40 AM 8/3/2003 -0700, Kevin Brouelette wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I didn't see any response to my post on this on 7-27-2003
> >so I'm trying again. Basically, When I run mythfrontend and select
> >'music', mythtv crashes and I see an error as follows:
> >
> >mythfrontend: relocation error: /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so:
> >undefined symbol: cddb_write_serverlist
> >
> >Everything else seems to funtion just fine.
>

> I'm replying only because you posted twice, since I cannot give you a
> specific answer (but, seemingly, no one else can either). So this help is,
> admittedly, limited.
>
> The **usual** reason for getting a message of this sort is a version
> mismatch, in this case between mythfrontend and libmythmusic. Verify that
> you are using the latest versions of both (mythmusic released a new version
> around July 01, according to the Myth Website).
>
> A compiler-version mismatch is a less likely possibility. SInce you don't
> say if you are using precompiled binaries or rolling your own, I can't say
> how likely this is.

Hello

Thanks to Ray and Isaac for the help.
I installed libcdaudio-0.99.9-2 [I was using libcdaudio-0.99.9]
and it seems stable. I was using the rpm's for RH9 listed at the
site in the mythtv doc's and did have lots of dep's to chase down.
Time to rip.
Thanks again,

Kevin