Mailing List Archive

Compiling cvs requires many calls to make
I have had to give up on the rpm's as I seemed to end up with files in non-standard locations...darn!

Anyway, I have been following the documentations install instructions (sure hope these are applicable to cvs). I have updated ld.config.so, installed lame from src. I left xmltv installed from the rpm's as there were so many dependencies.

I am now compiling mythtv. ./configure gave no errors. I am now running make: Things seem to compile ok for a few minutes (no errors reported), and eventually it stops saying something similar to:

Internal compiler error: Error reporting routines re-entered.
Please submit full bug report,

make[2]: *** [motion_est.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sbelt/mythtv/libs/libavcodec'
make[1]: *** [sub-libavcodec.o] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/sbelt/mythtv/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2

#

The last file it was compiling for the above was motion_est.

So now, if I run make again, it starts with motion_est, compiles fine, and gets further until it eventually reports the same kind of error on some other file. So I start make again, and the cycle continues.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Should I be posting this to the dev list instead?

TIA,

Steve B.
Re: Compiling cvs requires many calls to make [ In reply to ]
On Friday 01 August 2003 05:36 pm, Steve B. wrote:
> I have had to give up on the rpm's as I seemed to end up with files in
> non-standard locations...darn!

<snip>
> Internal compiler error: Error reporting routines re-entered.
> Please submit full bug report,

You most likely have bad RAM, or insufficient cooling in your computer.

Isaac
Re: Compiling cvs requires many calls to make [ In reply to ]
AAAHHHH!!!

The cherry on my day!

Thanks for helping even when it is not a MythTV issue!