- Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI 128D
- Savage S3 2000

I've read mixed things online about the S3 2000 TV-out functionality
under Linux, so I'd be willing to switch to another card. I haven't
bought a remote control or IR receiver yet, so I don't care much which
ones the image supports (plus those should be pretty simple to change).

I would be most grateful for any help.

Ellen Spertus
RE: PVR-350/Soundblaster Image? [ In reply to ]

Check out the following thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=67594;search_string=Pundit%2FMythFE;guest=928626&t=search_engine#67594

-JAC

PS- Unless I'm mistaken, congratulations on being the first (well, posting to the mailing list anyway) female Myth-er.
Re: PVR-350/Soundblaster Image? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 01:10:53PM -0700, Ellen Spertus wrote:
> - Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350
> - Intel P4 1.5 GHz
> - 392MB RAM
> - Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI 128D
> - Savage S3 2000

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but here goes...

Do you have sound and TV-out working without Myth?

The Hauppauge card: get the latest ivtv and be sure to follow all the
instructions in the install guide (be careful to copy msp3400.o from ivtv to
your kernel modules, etc.)

After that, do you have raw capture working (cat /dev/video0 fills the
screen with garbage)? If you can play the resulting file in mplayer at all,
but you have a bad image, or no sound, or static, etc., check documentation
on the utils/test_ioctl program in the ivtv package.

Basically, work on each separate piece and tell us which one(s) do not yet
work. We can help from there. Based on your post, we're not sure your
system even boots :-)

Russ
Re: PVR-350/Soundblaster Image? [ In reply to ]
Thus spake Russ Southern:
> After that, do you have raw capture working (cat /dev/video0 fills the
> screen with garbage)? If you can play the resulting file in mplayer at all,
> but you have a bad image, or no sound, or static, etc., check documentation
> on the utils/test_ioctl program in the ivtv package.

It would er, probably be better to cat /dev/video > file.mpeg and see if
it:
a) sits there for at least 10 seconds without coming back with an error
b) leaves a file which is playable by something like mplayer or xine

cat'ing to the screen could lead to a whole lot of beeps and a messed up
terminal (until a reset) :-)

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

No fool can be silent at a feast. - Solon