powerful unit soon, pundit maybe...)
So TV is choppy and very unconfortable...

Thank you !

RE: Disable Live TV... [ In reply to ]

Just edit tvmenu.xml and have the "Watch TV" button bring up xawtv instead
of launching the Myth LiveTV mode. But be careful, because Myth won't know
that the tuner is in use & won't know that you've changed the channel, so it
could end up messing up your scheduled recordings.

-JAC

RE: Disable Live TV... [ In reply to ]
On 30 Jul 2003 at 17:07, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> Just edit tvmenu.xml and have the "Watch TV" button bring up xawtv instead of
> launching the Myth LiveTV mode. But be careful, because Myth won't know that
> the tuner is in use & won't know that you've changed the channel, so it could
> end up messing up your scheduled recordings.

Is it easily possible to add another button which will bring up xawtv?

Regards the scheduled recordings, once you shut down xawtv, things should be
fine right?

> -JAC

Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
help@pdscc.com (use pgp keyid 0x3AD5C11D) http://www.pdscc.com
(604) 739-3709 (voice/fax) (604) 686-2253 (pager)
RE: Disable Live TV... [ In reply to ]

Well, yes and no. True, xawtv is no longer using the tuner card. However,
unless this has changed, Myth will assume that the tuner is still tuned to
the last channel Myth tuned it to. So, if Myth last tuned to channel 6, and
has an upcoming recording on channel 6, it doesn't bother to change the
channel because it thinks it's already on channel 6. BUT, if you changed to
channel 10 via xawtv in the interim, Myth will record from channel 10.

This behavior may have changed/been fixed at some point; it's not an issue
that affects me so I really haven't been tracking it.

-JAC
Re: Disable Live TV... [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 31 July 2003 01:28 pm, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> Well, yes and no. True, xawtv is no longer using the tuner card. However,
> unless this has changed, Myth will assume that the tuner is still tuned to
> the last channel Myth tuned it to. So, if Myth last tuned to channel 6,
> and has an upcoming recording on channel 6, it doesn't bother to change the
> channel because it thinks it's already on channel 6. BUT, if you changed
> to channel 10 via xawtv in the interim, Myth will record from channel 10.
>
> This behavior may have changed/been fixed at some point; it's not an issue
> that affects me so I really haven't been tracking it.

It was changed to not assume that it was the only thing using the tuner card.

Isaac
RE: Disable Live TV... [ In reply to ]

Yeah, I suspected as much... cool.

-JAC

Re: Disable Live TV... [ In reply to ]
On 31 Jul 2003 at 13:37, Isaac Richards wrote:

> It was changed to not assume that it was the only thing using the tuner card.

Is that change in 0.10, or only in cvs and later?