Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
CYTBeN, Inc.
ian@duckland.org / ian@cytben.com
Re: Watching shows and "Position saved" request [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 29 July 2003 08:05 pm, Ian Forde wrote:
> Hi -
>
> So I've got a movie saved in Mythtv, but apparently the last time I
> watched it I left it near the end. When I go to watch it again, it asks
> if I want to delete it. I have to enter it, and quickly hit page-up
> several times to get back to the beginning. Now I know that prompting
> for deletion and saving the position are options, but when they are
> enabled, is there a way to have myth restart to the beginning if the
> save position is within X minutes of the end, where X is configurable?

With current CVS, it will clear the bookmark position out once it's been used,
or if you hit space/enter again after it's been set.

Isaac
Re: Watching shows and "Position saved" request [ In reply to ]
> With current CVS, it will clear the bookmark position out once it's been used,
> or if you hit space/enter again after it's been set.

I have to ask... how, then, do you continuously update the bookmark
while watching? There have been numerous problems with the "skip"
feature, and my wife and I have made a habit of bookmarking the
beginning of the commercial in case we need to escape out of watching
because of whatever glitch it is/was. Or does it go on-off-on-off?

-Chris

Re: Watching shows and "Position saved" request [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 29 July 2003 10:38 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > With current CVS, it will clear the bookmark position out once it's been
> > used, or if you hit space/enter again after it's been set.
>
> I have to ask... how, then, do you continuously update the bookmark
> while watching? There have been numerous problems with the "skip"
> feature, and my wife and I have made a habit of bookmarking the
> beginning of the commercial in case we need to escape out of watching
> because of whatever glitch it is/was. Or does it go on-off-on-off?

on/off/on/off. It'll let you know in the OSD what it's doing.

Isaac