that this hasn't been tested that extensively?

Thanks,
IvanK.
Re: Recording from S-Video [ In reply to ]
On Monday 28 July 2003 01:42 pm, IvanK. wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have set the default input to be S-Video, since I get a better quality
> picture than with Television. Live tv works fine, but the minute I try
> recording, mythtv somehow assumes my input is television and switches back.
>
> Is there a setting I need to change, or are there so few people using
> S-video that this hasn't been tested that extensively?

Don't assign the Television input to a channel source if you don't want it
recording from that input.

Isaac
RE: Recording from S-Video [ In reply to ]

In the backend setup, on the "Input Connections" screen, you need to bind
your video (channel) source to the S-Video input. Right now it thinks your
channels are all on the Television input, so when it tries to record
something on a particular channel, it switches to that input.

Presumably, you'll also need to set up an external channel changing script,
as you can't 'tune' S-Video. I assume the S-Video is from your VCR or cable
box?

-JAC
Re: Recording from S-Video [ In reply to ]
Got it. Will try when I get home.

Thanks a lot,
IvanK.