try to play back the vidoe... I get the video, but no audio. Anyone know a
solution to this prob?

Orn
Re: No sound in recordings... [ In reply to ]
Thus spake ?rn Hansen:
> I've got a Haupauge WinTV card, mono audio. When I record, with mythtv and
> try to play back the vidoe... I get the video, but no audio. Anyone know a
> solution to this prob?

Use a mixer program to make sure that the line-in is selected as the
record device.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

Fidelity is seven-tenths of business success. - James Parton
Re: No sound in recordings... [ In reply to ]
Örn Hansen wrote:

> I've got a Haupauge WinTV card, mono audio. When I record, with mythtv and
>try to play back the vidoe... I get the video, but no audio. Anyone know a
>solution to this prob?

You need to provide more info.
Can you tell, if the recording contains the audio, i.e. if it's a
recording or playback problem?
Recording: Which sound device did you specify in prefs for recording?
Does it belong to a sound card or to a btaudio from the soundcard? Can
you record from the sound device using brec or another WAV recorder? If
you're trying to use btaudio: Which modules did you load? What does the
backend log file say?

similar questions apply to the frontend.
Re: No sound in recordings... [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 12:01, Örn Hansen wrote:
> I've got a Haupauge WinTV card, mono audio. When I record, with mythtv and
> try to play back the vidoe... I get the video, but no audio. Anyone know a
> solution to this prob?
>

> Orn

Using the alsamixergui scroll to the very right end, where the capture
option is. Highlight 'Capture' and hit the <space> bar. That will enable
the card to start recording.

Jayson Garrell
RE: No sound in recordings... [ In reply to ]
Your audio is not set up properly. Follow the documentation and get LiveTV
working; once you get that working for audio, everything else should work.

-JAC

Re: No sound in recordings... [ In reply to ]
At 09:01 PM 6/11/2003 +0200, Örn Hansen wrote:

> I've got a Haupauge WinTV card, mono audio. When I record, with mythtv
> and
>try to play back the vidoe... I get the video, but no audio. Anyone know a
>solution to this prob?

Others have given you good replies, but they tend to assume that you are
trying to record audio from a sound card (using the jumper cable that comes
with the Hauppguge card). If, instead, you are trying to use btaudio for
sound ... this card does not work properly with btaudio. (Yes, I know
btaudio *says* it loads ... it still won't work.)
Re: No sound in recordings... [ In reply to ]
onsdag 11 juni 2003 21:26 skrev Jayson Garrell:

> Using the alsamixergui scroll to the very right end, where the capture
> option is. Highlight 'Capture' and hit the <space> bar. That will enable
> the card to start recording.

Doh!

Now I feel really stupid ... thanks!

Orn