2) Should look good in the entertainment center.

Thanks,
Lev
Re: ATX Desktop case source [ In reply to ]
Lev Pertsov wrote:

> Can somebody recommend a good source for ATX (not micro ATX) desktop case to use for the MythTV system? I saw a few desktop ATX cases on the net but they were either really expensive or really ugly.

It isn't a desktop case, but I bought this[1] one which I hope will look
pretty sharp on the floor. Maybe I should reserve judgment until it
arrives... :-)

[1]
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=268FB+350W

--
__ ____
/ / / __/ Brian Lalor
Re: ATX Desktop case source [ In reply to ]
I like this black ATX case. $69 or $99 with sound insulation.

http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Cases/ci6004.asp

Looks like it's not available right at the moment for some reason, but
they imply that it will be available again.

With two 5.25" drive bays, you can install an LCD and DVD drive. I find
that black electrical tape blends beautifully with the black case for
covering the 3.5" floppy drive bay.

IF

In our last episode entitled '[mythtv-users] ATX Desktop case source', Lev Pertsov wrote:
> Can somebody recommend a good source for ATX (not micro ATX) desktop case to use for the MythTV system? I saw a few desktop ATX cases on the net but they were either really expensive or really ugly.
>
> My two criteria are:
> 1) Not really expensive (< $100)
> 2) Should look good in the entertainment center.

--
Isaac W. Foraker, Software Engineer
http://tazthecat.net/~isaac/
Re: ATX Desktop case source [ In reply to ]
Good luck.... desktop cases are pretty scarce now. I saw one at
surpluscomputers.com today for $25. Make sure you
put in a good power supply.

Re: ATX Desktop case source [ In reply to ]
At 12:37 PM 6/10/03 -0700, Isaac F. wrote:
>I like this black ATX case. $69 or $99 with sound insulation.
>
>http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Cases/ci6004.asp
>
>Looks like it's not available right at the moment for some reason, but
>they imply that it will be available again.

Actually there's a variant on their site that is available and only
slightly different. They subbed it for me, same price. There was some
discussion of it in the list the last week, search the gossamerthreads
archive for digitalconnection and you should be able to find it.

>With two 5.25" drive bays, you can install an LCD and DVD drive. I find
>that black electrical tape blends beautifully with the black case for
>covering the 3.5" floppy drive bay.

An LCD? I'm curious what for? And what are you using for control?
Re: ATX Desktop case source [ In reply to ]
In our last episode entitled 'Re: [mythtv-users] ATX Desktop case source', Pete Hartman wrote:
> An LCD? I'm curious what for? And what are you using for control?

I am primarily using the Hauppauge remote that comes with the PVR 250.
I am using an IR receiver that I bought from a guy in Germany
(http://zapway.de/e_index1.htm), so I can use any remote in the house
that I bother to set up definitions with.

When I originally designed my box about eight months ago (when I thought
I'd have more time to work on it), I included a front display from
Matrix Orbital (http://www.matrixorbital.com/). They're a bit
expensive, but I was trying to get that old style VCR feel. I got a
display with seven buttons, which I will soon set up to work as an
alternative to a remote control.

I plan to have the LCD display the current time (of course), CPU load,
music info in music mode, and Channel, show info in TV mode. I even
thought about having the weather scroll by every now and then, so I
don't always have to turn on my TV to get the info. This is probably
all overkill, but I really am just building the box for geek factor
anyway. A commercial PVR would have been much cheaper than all the
hardware I tested at this point.

Now if I can just afford the multi-terrabyte RAID to hold all my DVD's
for movies on demand...

IF

--
Isaac W. Foraker, Software Engineer
http://tazthecat.net/~isaac/
Accident, n.: A condition in which presence of mind is good,
but absence of body is better.
Re: ATX Desktop case source [ In reply to ]
>I plan to have the LCD display the current time (of course),

So in other words, have it blink 12:00?
RE: ATX Desktop case source [ In reply to ]
LOL