Mailing List Archive

Problem with tv_grab_de and mythfilldatabase --manual
I am trying to set up mythtv for the first time. Running setup to setup
mythbackend seems to go OK. Since I am using tv_grab_de, I get a
message to use the option -manual the first time I run mythfilldatabase.

When I run "mythfilldatabase -manual" , I get a message that I will be
asked questions about every channel. But this does not happen. What
does happen is:

Fetching data for Mon Jun 9 2003...
--------------------------------------- Start of XMLTV output
--------------------------------
parameterless "use IO" deprecated at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XML/Writer.pm line 16
--------------------------------------- End of XMLTV output
-----------------------------------
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: 3SAT
Skipping channel.
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: ARTE
Skipping channel.
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: BAYERN
Skipping channel.
. . . .
(This continues for all the German TV stations)
. . . .
Adjusting program database end times .
0 replacements made.

Could someone please help me with this?

thank you
donald
Re: Problem with tv_grab_de and mythfilldatabase --manual [ In reply to ]
Donald A. Cook wrote:

> Unknown xmltv channel identifier: 3SAT
>
> Skipping channel.

Yes. MythTV is broken when combined with tv_grab_de. There are 2 ways to
fix this: Apply the fix for mythfilldatabase or use another grabber. I
implemented both, see the mythtv-dev archives.
Re: Problem with tv_grab_de and mythfilldatabase --manual [ In reply to ]
or use these nxtvepg scripts... so you can grab the data offline...
http://adastea.no-ip.com/mythtv.html

Why mythfilldatabase can not use scantv for channel-scanning? Some channel
names (and xmltvid's) must be edited, but the channels all in the database .

I made a
-scantv export and then
-mythfilldatabase -xawtvchannels channels.dat
-changed the xmltvid's and the channel names like the channel names in the
tv_grab_listings...
-and then mythfilldatabase

It worked for me.

Peter

RE: Problem with tv_grab_de and mythfilldatabase --manual [ In reply to ]
Do you know if mythfilldatabase was fixed in the new .9 release?

donald