recording rate of the ivtv drivers for the PVR-250:

/path/to/ivtv/utils/test_ioctl -c bitrate=2500000,bitrate_peak=8000000

I'd like to increase picture quality (and I'm not worried about disk
space). Would you recommend changing this setting? I'm noticing that
quick movement (like soccer) tends to look a little funny, but I don't
want to screw anything up (now that it's working well!).

Thanks again.
Aaron
Re: RTJpeg seems to have hosed my recording quality.Can't fix it. [ In reply to ]
Perry, Aaron wrote:

>By the way, the vertical bars went away after a reboot.

i have found that removing and reloading the ivtv driver can solve this
also. but, most recently, i found that simply jumping to a channel
directly (instead of up and down) solves it also. i'm playing around
with different firmwares to see which is better. with the latest cvs
though (i needed to adjust my contrast, it sucked) the lines seem to
crop up every second or third recording, very frustrating. i never
noticed it with the older ivtv driver.

>Question, in the documentation there's a note about adjusting the
>recording rate of the ivtv drivers for the PVR-250:
>
>/path/to/ivtv/utils/test_ioctl -c bitrate=2500000,bitrate_peak=8000000

the default is 8Mbps bitrate and 16Mbps peak, so unless you've changed
it, thats what you should be recording at. if you're not worried about
disk space, leave it at 8/16.

cheers,

CraigL->Thx();