By the way, cheers to those of you who have been working on MythMusic.
It's great!

Thanks.
Re: MythMusic works great, but MythTV = /dev/dsp busy [ In reply to ]
On Friday 06 June 2003 12:43 pm, Perry, Aaron wrote:
> Hi, I've been having problems with MythTV sound. I get errors about the
> device (/dev/dsp) being busy. It was sporadic for a while, but now I
> can't seem to get any live TV sound at all (and I'm finally integrating
> this system with my entertainment center, great timing!)
>
> I've scoured the forum and found reports of similar problems and causes
> but I cannot find the solution. It appears that this is likely because
> of the KDE sound server, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to turn
> it off.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a big fan of just deleting the artsd binary and completely turning it off.
=) I've had it take over my machine a couple times (endlessly spawning
copies of itself), and otherwise cause problems.

Isaac
Re: MythMusic works great, but MythTV = /dev/dsp busy [ In reply to ]
On Friday 06 June 2003 04:43 pm, Perry, Aaron wrote:

> I've scoured the forum and found reports of similar problems and causes
> but I cannot find the solution. It appears that this is likely because
> of the KDE sound server, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to turn
> it off.

Control Center -> Sound & Multimedia -> Sound System
unclick whatever you like

> By the way, cheers to those of you who have been working on MythMusic.
> It's great!

You're welcome.

-thor
RE: MythMusic works great, but MythTV = /dev/dsp busy [ In reply to ]
I have disabled artsd and made sure it wasn't running and I still get sounds out of KDE, presumably an OSS fallback? I had to turn off all sounds on events to get KDE to leave well enough alone :)

RE: MythMusic works great, but MythTV = /dev/dsp busy [ In reply to ]
Thanks Isaac and Thor. I tried turning off the Sound Server (as Thor
suggested). No luck. Still no sound in MythTV. (but the live TV
picture looks great on my 42" Widescreen!)

Isaac, where is the binary located? I don't care much for arts.

Thanks!
Aaron